Homebirth Resources - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-07-2010, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Ladies
My husband and I are currently TTC our first. I was at my best friends birth almost 4 years ago and it was horrible. Infact I was pretty sure I was just going to adopt after that. Well now we do want childern but I do not want a birth like that. I want a homebirth or a birth center birth. I am in Homer so the birth center option is out and now I am trying to find all the resources that I can so I can show them to DH to get him comfortable with the idea of having our first at home. Is there anything you can recommend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2010, 06:04 AM

There is a midwife in your area named Amy Huffman her number is 235-4774. Her husband is also a naturopath. She would have some great information for you. There is also a birthcenter in Soldotna. It's a drive but if it's your first baby you'll have time.

Tammy, wife to Todd, mom to ten wonderful kiddos!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:45 AM

Rent: The Business of Being Born from Netflix. Men usually respond well to that movie, since it's from a business/science perspective...

Although I'd bet they would like a movie titled "The Baseball of Being Born" or the "The Bayliner/Bombadier/BMW of Being Born" even better!

But seriously, once dads learn the "facts", the tend to be quick converts. It's the grandmas that tend to be more stubborn. (If not impossible.)
Old 02-08-2010, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Ladies
I will give Amy a call and see what she can recomend. I have been planning on getting the buisness of being born to watch with hubby though I think you are right about likeing it better it it was "Bombadier of Being Born"

My Mom will not have much say in where we birth as she has voice her opinion that we should not have kids at all sooo.
I am not sure what my MIL will say but it is our desision. Thanks
Old 02-09-2010, 03:18 AM

Alaska has many birthing options! Welcome and Congratulations!

User Tag List