I would like some opinions from Hawaii mommies - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-26-2010, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! For a few years I have been wanting to become a birthing from within educator and a doula. My husband (who is local) doesn't think that I would be able to find enough families on Oahu to have any work at all. I happen to disagree, but I'm also an uncontrollable optimist. I'm not expecting to get rich or anything, ideally I'd just like to teach a childbirth prep course every few months and attend a few births a year. I know that childbirth education isn't for everyone, but I think there's enough of a niche on oahu that it's feasible. So anyway, I'd just like some feedback on what you ladies think. Thanks!!!
#2 of 5 Old 03-26-2010, 02:26 PM

Have you connected with the Hawaii childbirth and doula network? There are a handful of them (Patty Edwards, Pat Goding, Dora Baldwin, Janice Bush, Tammy Uva among them) who are very active and busy and make a living that way here but there are also many many who don't. It is definitely a hustle to find your clients and make your way-as with all things Hawaii it is about networking and finding your niche but then word spreads!
#3 of 5 Old 04-05-2010, 06:33 AM

ditto all above.
Here is their site: http://www.hawaiichildbirthprofessionals.com/

Wonderful women, great insight I'm sure.

Your User Agreement here at MDC, read it and make it your friend and read the FAQ to answer all the questions of the (MDC) world.
#4 of 5 Old 04-10-2010, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for letting me know about them! Why couldn't I find that information 4 years ago when I was pregnant with my first son? I'm going to contact them, thanks mommas!
#5 of 5 Old 04-28-2010, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmy2Joshs View Post
Thanks for letting me know about them! Why couldn't I find that information 4 years ago when I was pregnant with my first son? I'm going to contact them, thanks mommas!
Hi, Im taking the doula class this weekend. Check out the DONA site and join us. I think you could definitely get some work, Im hoping too. I was also going to check out the child birth educators. Aloha

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page