Need year-round housing in Juneau - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-05-2010, 02:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there Juneau folks.

We have been out of state since Dec. 08, but are returning in June and need a place to live. And of course we know that June is about the worst time to be looking for a place in Juneau, but that is the timing we are working with due to employment, so we really don't have a choice.

Our family is currently Me, DH and DD (19mos). Our preference is for downtown, or Douglas near the bridge, for multiple reasons (close to work, family, one car and want to stay that way, etc). We need a place starting mid-June or July 1st. Would take a place available June 1st.

We are looking for a large 1 bedroom or a 2 bedroom apartment/duplex/condo to rent. We cloth diaper so having a W/D is a high priority-preferably in unit, but on-site would be okay. Having a garage/yard/deck would of course be awesome, but I know that is probably dreaming. We would ideally pay $1200-$1250 including most utilities, but could go as high as $1400 for the right place. We don't smoke, drink, or have pets and we have excellent rental and employment references.

I am haunting craigslist and the Empire rental listings, and we have put the word out to everyone we know. But, I figured it couldn't hurt to put it out here as well. If you know of something please respond here or PM me, all leads appreciated.

Thanks,

Maressa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 05-05-2010, 03:51 PM

That yellow house on East Street downtown had a for rent sign up not long ago. I'll walk by and see if it is still up.

Otherwise, I'll keep my eyes open and wish you luck. Housing in Juneau is a disaster.
#3 of 5 Old 05-06-2010, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I know we are looking at the absolutely worst time of year-and it is difficult at a good time- so I appreciate any and all leads.
#4 of 5 Old 05-11-2010, 10:38 PM

I checked on that house and it turned out to have rented within three hours of the sign going up. I'll keep looking, though.
#5 of 5 Old 05-12-2010, 06:14 PM

My sister is moving out of her apartment this week! 2 bedroom 1 bath w/ fenced backyard. It has a w/d but no dishwasher. Her landlord is great! I just called to find out how much her rent is...I will write more when I find out!

Lovin my Hubby , Serena (10/07)::, and Cedar( 07/09)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page