Kodial Mamas... Housing ideas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-08-2010, 03:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! There is a (decent) chance that dh will be offered a job in Kodiak. Should this happen we will need to find a place to live. Do you have any suggestions on ways to find out about rentals- I've been looking online at rentals through realtors and a bit here and there with the paper, but do you have any other suggestions?
Thanks for your help and suggestions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 05-11-2010, 03:08 AM

Good luck. I don't have any advice though. I haven't made it to Kodiak yet.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#3 of 5 Old 05-11-2010, 02:59 PM

Have you checked craigslist? I would see if you can find anything on there. I know housing in Kodiak can be pretty limited though. Also if he is offered the job you might check with his employer and see if they have any suggestions about where to look.
#4 of 5 Old 06-14-2010, 01:35 AM

I see that this is from about a month ago but I just saw this post. I'm in Kodiak and I would say that the best way to find housing is to do word of mouth with your DH's employer. Have them send the word that you will be looking and what you are after. Keep checking the paper as well. When do you anticipate arriving? What are you looking for in housing... #of bedrooms, pets? Hope that helps. Feel free to PM if you need further help or have other questions.

Sue

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#5 of 5 Old 07-05-2010, 06:17 PM

Hi, I know this was asked awhile ago, but I was just going to add to look on craigslist and also post an ad there; have you been looking at the newspaper online? like others have said, talk to your husband's possible employer and see what they can't find for you. good luck if you make the move here!

SAHM to two boys & a girl. DS1 has eczema, asthma & is allergic to: dairy, eggs, peanuts, shellfish, seafood, sunflower, yeast & garlic. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page