Salt Lake/Pearl Harbor Baby Hui? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-18-2010, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aloha! I have recently sent my info to the Baby Hui to see if there is a group in my area. Has anyone been a part of one and what did you think? I have a friend who loved hers when her first son was young but I'm worried I won't find anyone with our AP, cloth-diapering, breastfeeding, no vaccine values! My son is 10 months old, my husband is Navy and I work part time and do a child care exchange but would love to find a little more support, especially during deployments. I have felt really isolated from most other "navy wives" as our values are just too different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2010, 03:27 AM

Hi, I've never been to one but I live on the North Shore with my 10 month old son. If you don't "fit in" with military moms because of your mothering methods, I'm sure you will find plenty moms on the island who share similar practices. I am also AP, cloth diapering turned elimination communication, breastfeeding and no vaccines. Where do you live? I also need a mama friend or two and don't know any. My son recently had his first real interaction with another baby boy who was very outgoing and my baby cried. So I think he needs a buddy too. Aloha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkGlobalMama View Post
Aloha! I have recently sent my info to the Baby Hui to see if there is a group in my area. Has anyone been a part of one and what did you think? I have a friend who loved hers when her first son was young but I'm worried I won't find anyone with our AP, cloth-diapering, breastfeeding, no vaccine values! My son is 10 months old, my husband is Navy and I work part time and do a child care exchange but would love to find a little more support, especially during deployments. I have felt really isolated from most other "navy wives" as our values are just too different.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:46 AM

THinkGlobalMama I sent you a PM~!

Akie, single mom to M (02/18/06), E (08/04/07) and Z (06/22/09)
Old 06-15-2010, 03:27 PM

There are plenty of Navy moms who cloth diaper, breastfeed, babywear,etc. I know lots! Including me! I'm in the Pearl Harbor area.

mama to DD9, coolshine.gif DS7 bouncy.gif and DD1.luxlove.gif

User Tag List