Swim lesson in Anchorage - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-07-2010, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted this on the Anchorage AP group too but I figured I cross reference here since it isn't busy over there any more. I want to get swim lessons for my 3.5 year old daughter and my 19 month old son. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or reccomendations on the best program. The parks and rec appears to be booked so I was wondering about the YMCA, H2Oasis and Swim Like a Fish or any other place in town. I want my 3 year
to learn to swim this summer and to get my 1 year old more confident in the
water so I can bring the two of them swimming.

Dianna environmentally educated tree hugging mom of dd 9/06 and ds 10/08 newbie dd 9/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2010, 03:26 PM

Swim Like a Fish has group lessons - no more than 4 in a lesson - for $20 per lesson. Anyone younger than 2 has to have a parent in the water with them. My kids love it there.

I've heard Swim America is really good. They are through the local high schools. I don't know the price, but the benefit of SA is once your child achieves the goals for that level, they move right up to the next. They don't have to wait out a specific number of lessons.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:29 AM

We couldn't get into the SwimAmerica lessons either, so we are going through the Alaska Club. They start next week so I can let you know how they go. You don't have to be a member, you just pay a bit more if you're not.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:50 AM

We tried the Y and were not impressed. I'm planning on putting my kids in lessons at the Alaska Club in the fall.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks registration for the Y is next week and I am going to try there first since they are the cheapest. If I am not happy with them I'll try H2Oasis, the Alaska club or Swim like a Fish. We are on a wait list for Swim America but who knows if we will ever get in.

Dianna environmentally educated tree hugging mom of dd 9/06 and ds 10/08 newbie dd 9/10

User Tag List