Vaccines and preschool - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-11-2010, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I dealt with this last year but I am in need of some advice again.

My dd is 4 and is partially vaccinated. I would consider getting her a few more to be current to attend preschool but I don't want to get the chicken pox vaccine as I really want to give her a chance to get it naturally. I see chicken pox is a required vaccine at the moment for the ASD.

Last year she only had two vaccines and I had a medical exemtption for everything else. That worked out ok but I felt strange seeing Darcy Lucy just for that since we don't see her as a provider and my regular doctor won't do it. Now she had one more vaccine and I'm worried a medical wavier would look strange with her recieving 3 vaccines already.

Are there other doctor's who would see just for an vaccine exemption and be ok with that? How does the religous thing work? Do you need to put what religous organization you belong to. Will they be able to find her current shot record since she went to school last year? Would a doctor just do an exemption for chicken pox if I got her updated on the rest.

Sorry this is so long

Dianna environmentally educated tree hugging mom of dd 9/06 and ds 10/08 newbie dd 9/10
#2 of 7 Old 06-13-2010, 03:15 PM

Just pull up the religious exemption from the website and fill it out. It does need to be notarized but all you do it sign it.
Very easy. I am not "religious" but we use this one for our 4 kiddos. Not one school has ever blinked an eye.

http://www.asdk12.org/forms/uploads/..._exemption.pdf
#3 of 7 Old 06-13-2010, 09:52 PM

They really just need the exemption for their licensing requirements. DD went to a Lutheran Preschool last year and they didn't even blink. I had the notary at work do it.

Sue, mama to Spitfire (4/06) energy.gif, a Firecracker (9/08) blahblah.gif, and Chill baby (3/12)namaste.gif

signcirc1.gif bfinfant.giffamilybed2.gif

#4 of 7 Old 06-20-2010, 07:46 AM

I have a medical exemption for one of my kids.. but ironically he is fully vaxed atm.. I REQUIRED the nurse to put his exemption on file anyway, because as time goes by he might not be fully vaxed at any one point, kwim?
#5 of 7 Old 06-28-2010, 01:31 PM

Thanks for this. I was worrying about what to do for my five year old this fall and we do not vax. Can I ask a question? On the exemption form it has a space for "name of facility." I assumed that this meant the church or religious affiliation when I was looking a few months ago but now I'm wondering if it wants the name of the school or school district that my child will be attending? If so, this makes it so much easier!

I'm so happy to find this here! My husband and I were getting ready to jump through some hoops to get a medical exemption but if we can just fill out the religious exemption ourselves and get it notarized I will be relieved.

Andi, wife of Seraphim
Mom to Elijah (6/05) and Moses (6/08) and baby Joshua, UBAC February 18, 2011!

#6 of 7 Old 06-28-2010, 01:54 PM

if anything I put the name of the school in that space.
But I think I left it blank?
#7 of 7 Old 06-28-2010, 02:00 PM

Perfect! Thanks so much.

Andi, wife of Seraphim
Mom to Elijah (6/05) and Moses (6/08) and baby Joshua, UBAC February 18, 2011!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page