HI! (both hello and Hawaii!) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-11-2010, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies I'm new to the forums here and just wanted to introduce myself and see if there are any other moms near Schofield Barracks, HI.

My name is Anna, I'm 23 and I have a 16 m/o daughter, my husband is (obviously ) in the Army and we're originally from NC. Um, I don't really know what to say about myself, I'm not really great at meeting new people, I think in part because I'm pretty opinionated and outspoken as well as a bit of a social wallflower. I'm pretty geeky, not really into fashion or television or even cooking (but I'm looking into improving that!) so sometimes its easier for me to hang out with the guys, but I'm also pretty on board the advocacy/crunchy mom train and thats not really something a lot of guys are into haha. Anyway, I'm hoping to meet more moms like me, or at least moms with more things in common and figured this wasn't a bad place to start. (I hate to seem like I'm stereotyping but I'm having a hard time fitting in with a lot of military moms I've met, maybe its because most of them are fairly traditional or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places, most of my military mommy friends are on LJ :/)

Oh, I guess I should add that I'm a clothdiapering, gentle discipline, breastfeeding, babywearing, occasionally co-sleeping (daughter is working on sleeping on her own, we were strictly co-sleeping for a long time) and attachment parenting mom, though seeing as where I'm posting this I think a lot of that might have been a given (But then I don't really know either, I'm new here! )

Anyway hoping to get involved on the forums here!

-Anna
#2 of 3 Old 06-15-2010, 05:10 AM

Na Kamalei Meets tomorrow....great place to meet other AP mamas on island....

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...3916581?ref=ts

Your User Agreement here at MDC, read it and make it your friend and read the FAQ to answer all the questions of the (MDC) world.
#3 of 3 Old 06-16-2010, 05:49 AM

Aloha! Na Kamalei is an excellent (and easy) way to meet other mamas.There are some military mamas and mamas who grew up here.Go, even if you think DD is outgrowing the BW stage.Im in the pits of a hard pregnancy or i would go too.Hope to see you around!
Welcome to MDC too!!

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page