Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Posting a new thread!
#2 of 98 Old 07-03-2010, 03:13 AM

This is not a subscription post. Not at all.

We have to find an orthodontist and get braces for our 14yo. :

Bookworm Mama to 6 wonderkids and stepmama to one more: 21, 20, 18, 12, 9, 7 and our Z born 4/13. . Partner to mynut.gif   homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif     

#3 of 98 Old 07-03-2010, 03:18 AM

we saw Wentz back in Fairbanks. He worked payment plans. He did not screw up my DD's teeth.
#4 of 98 Old 07-03-2010, 08:17 AM

I'm 41w1d now. I was sure I'd have this baby in June.

Any day now. Come onnnnnnnnnnn, baby.

Loving wife to John mama to JR 9/6/06, Camilla 2/16/09, & River 7/3/10
I'll always love you, mama. Miss you.
#5 of 98 Old 07-03-2010, 11:13 AM

PureAkCrystal!! I remember how galling it is to go over...and over evern more...and wake up pregnant and not in labor yet.

Nobody's ever been pregnant for two years, so there's that!

Baby-birthing-SOON-vibes out to you!

love, p

Bookworm Mama to 6 wonderkids and stepmama to one more: 21, 20, 18, 12, 9, 7 and our Z born 4/13. . Partner to mynut.gif   homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif     

#6 of 98 Old 07-03-2010, 06:42 PM

July. Really. Argh.

I just had to share one of my most bizzare job assignments ever yesterday. How many pounds of ice does it take to ice down 15 coolers to ~40 degrees for about 24 hrs?. (Answer: 150-240 lbs depending on weather) Then find an ice maker to make that much ice and freezer to store it that I can ship to a work site on the lower Kuskokwim. So I'm running around town with a bag of ice - most are 8-10 lbs. Then going to Home Depot and placing bags of ice (repackaged in 2 Gal ziplocs) in freezers to try and see how many cubic feet I need for 200 lbs of ice (the ice maker stores 25!!). Yup. I'm the crazy lady. Going to stores with 4 bags of ice and a tape measure. I think I need to buy 2 20 cubic foot chest freezers. Crazy. Ice for the job is gonna run us over $2K. Plus a couple of refrigerators to store our soil & water samples before they get shipped out once a week.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#7 of 98 Old 07-04-2010, 03:09 AM

http://hippiediva.com/wp-content/upl...8221751977.jpg

River Darrell. Born on July 3, 2010, at 307 pm. 41w1d.
14-3/4” head, 21-1/8” tall, 9 lbs 5.4 oz.
12 hour labor, of which really the last 2-1/2 hours were the most intense, successful VBA2C, 30 minutes of pushing, born 45 minutes after arriving at hospital in a downpour.

I am "the amazing VBACer," as dubbed by the nurses. I am empowered.

This is what birth should be. My boy is healthy, happy, safe, and loved. And I am blessed.
_______

#8 of 98 Old 07-04-2010, 03:33 AM

River!

Congrats, Mama! Oh, how wonderful! I am so happy for you!

(I think the secret to getting labor started isn't EPO or sex or nipple stim or anything else...it's posting how far "over" you are here on Mothering!)

Love, love, love, penelope

#9 of 98 Old 07-04-2010, 03:35 AM

Just as an info thing, for moms I know who might want to VBAC, who was your attending physician?

#10 of 98 Old 07-04-2010, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spruce View Post
Just as an info thing, for moms I know who might want to VBAC, who was your attending physician?
Dr Lawrason is my ob, but he's out of town. Dr Woppett delivered River today because he was on call. He was *not* happy about doing a VBA2C, but I showed up fully dilated (well, 9.5 cm, moving to a 10 with the next contraction) and fighting the urge to push, so I didn't really give anyone a chance to argue with me. Everyone was super impressed that I vaginally delivered such a big baby after two c-sections, and so soon after arriving.

I think Dr Lawrason was willing only because he delivered my last baby, and I countered his concerns about VBA2C with my own research. Plus, I'm not someone who takes "no" easily.

#11 of 98 Old 07-04-2010, 05:17 AM

Wow, Dr. W??? I'm sure he *wasn't* happy with your VBAC. I saw him for an emergency issue (my dad, who was a PA, trusted W's judgment and expertise in this issue). He did my surgery so we had a lot of time to talk, even though it was 5 days from problem found to surgery... and I asked him some questions about whether he and I would work out if I had more kids....

When I asked him about episiotomy rates, he flatly stated that about 95% of his patients get them, it's routine and makes things easier on him. Admittedly, this was 14 years ago, but whoa.

Congrats again on doing all the right things, and how everything fell into place for you and River!

love, p

#12 of 98 Old 07-04-2010, 05:25 AM

hi mamas,
mainly a lurker here from the Peninsula but will get a chance to visit Anchorage next week. Just wondering what things to do for my 4 year old other than the zoo? Any places to visit? A children's museum perhaps?
#13 of 98 Old 07-04-2010, 07:26 AM

I refused treatment by him during my first pregnancy because of some of his policy issues, as well as bedside manner. I would have refused his services today were it not for being told he was the only one on call.

Also, he gave me an episiotomy. Normally I would have fought the dickens out of him, but there was meconium in the amniotic fluid and I wanted River out ASAP to check him.

#14 of 98 Old 07-04-2010, 07:26 AM

#15 of 98 Old 07-04-2010, 01:32 PM

I'm pregnant! I'm pregnant!! I'm pregnant!!!

Congrats PureAKCrystal!!

I was talking to a mom the other day and she kept mentioning HOW BIG her baby was when she was born and HOW HUGE she is now and HOW BIG babies are so different etc etc etc. She described her baby as 'almost 9 pounds!' and I later found out the babe was 8 lbs 8oz. I told her my DD actually was 9 lbs at birth and that I've heard of babies much larger. She was offended. Apparently, she though 8-8 was as big as they got! I'm hoping my next one is another giant!

I can't believe my eggo is preggo! Maybe I'll go pee on another stick . . .

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
#16 of 98 Old 07-04-2010, 02:17 PM

Woohoo! Congratulations!

#17 of 98 Old 07-04-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislocator3972 View Post

Oh, wow, 'tis the season for very good news!!

Congratulations and here's hoping you have another linebacker baby!!

love, p

#18 of 98 Old 07-04-2010, 03:05 PM

what a great day!!! babies all around!

Whoo Hoo!!!
#19 of 98 Old 07-05-2010, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure_AK_Crystal View Post
Dr Lawrason is my ob, but he's out of town. Dr Woppett delivered River today because he was on call. He was *not* happy about doing a VBA2C, but I showed up fully dilated (well, 9.5 cm, moving to a 10 with the next contraction) and fighting the urge to push, so I didn't really give anyone a chance to argue with me. Everyone was super impressed that I vaginally delivered such a big baby after two c-sections, and so soon after arriving.

I think Dr Lawrason was willing only because he delivered my last baby, and I countered his concerns about VBA2C with my own research. Plus, I'm not someone who takes "no" easily.
Yippiiii! You rock girl! Congratulations. Welcome to the world little big man! Have a happy baby moon.
#20 of 98 Old 07-05-2010, 02:37 PM

I AM PREGNANT ALSO!!!!!!

Congrats Pure_AK_Crystal

dislocator3972 Congrats we will be pregnant at the same time !!!

Happy July everyone!!!
#21 of 98 Old 07-05-2010, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

See, I stay up all night with little miss crankypants, and I miss out on so much! Congrats mamas!
#22 of 98 Old 07-05-2010, 03:41 PM

(subbing)

YAY for lots of awesome baby news!!

My 3yo is running around the house with his pants around his ankles becaue he can't get them up himself (but doesn'tw ant to slow down long enough to come have me help him)
My hubby has been dipnetting for red salmon on the Kasilhof and has brought home 15 these last two weekends. We're freezing some and smoking (then freezing) a lot. He's set up his own smoker with racks from our old oven (which died last week) and cut down an alder in the backyard and is making his own chips for smoking...we're feeling very independent and self-sustaining this week.
Hubby had a job interview in Nikiski on friday--these folks interviewed him twice--about three different jobs--last spring, and actually they called/emailed him so many times we were sure they would hire him for one of the jobs, and were shocked when they didn't...this year they remembered him from last year, and of course now we're close enough that he was able to go up for the interview in person rather than just on the phone, so hopefully that made an extra good impression... Fingers crossed and we're just waiting to hear what they think. Last year he got hired on July 9, and I would LOVE to beat that this year.
My baby has decided to stand up everywhere, and is learning how to fall down without hurting himself, so that's progress. I suspect he may walk before he crawls (he still belly scootches). He also scratched me on the eyeball this morning...At first I thought he'd just poked me in the eye, but hours later it still hurts and hasn't stopped watering so I'm pretty sure he actually scratched it. I had hubby look at it and he can't see anything, so presumably it'll heal up on its own, but meanwhile it hurts like crazy.
Oh, and I'm contemplating going pro with henna...I did a girls night with some friends and it was a blast and I started thinking gosh I could make money doing this, so I'm making opportunities to practice more and we'll see what happens.

...aaaaand I need to go do dishes. [real life always comes back to haunt ya, doesn't it?]

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

#23 of 98 Old 07-05-2010, 04:45 PM

Congratulations Crystal!

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#24 of 98 Old 07-05-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post
(subbing)

YAY for lots of awesome baby news!!

My 3yo is running around the house with his pants around his ankles becaue he can't get them up himself (but doesn'tw ant to slow down long enough to come have me help him)
My hubby has been dipnetting for red salmon on the Kasilhof and has brought home 15 these last two weekends. We're freezing some and smoking (then freezing) a lot. He's set up his own smoker with racks from our old oven (which died last week) and cut down an alder in the backyard and is making his own chips for smoking...we're feeling very independent and self-sustaining this week.
Hubby had a job interview in Nikiski on friday--these folks interviewed him twice--about three different jobs--last spring, and actually they called/emailed him so many times we were sure they would hire him for one of the jobs, and were shocked when they didn't...this year they remembered him from last year, and of course now we're close enough that he was able to go up for the interview in person rather than just on the phone, so hopefully that made an extra good impression... Fingers crossed and we're just waiting to hear what they think. Last year he got hired on July 9, and I would LOVE to beat that this year.
My baby has decided to stand up everywhere, and is learning how to fall down without hurting himself, so that's progress. I suspect he may walk before he crawls (he still belly scootches). He also scratched me on the eyeball this morning...At first I thought he'd just poked me in the eye, but hours later it still hurts and hasn't stopped watering so I'm pretty sure he actually scratched it. I had hubby look at it and he can't see anything, so presumably it'll heal up on its own, but meanwhile it hurts like crazy.
Oh, and I'm contemplating going pro with henna...I did a girls night with some friends and it was a blast and I started thinking gosh I could make money doing this, so I'm making opportunities to practice more and we'll see what happens.

...aaaaand I need to go do dishes. [real life always comes back to haunt ya, doesn't it?]
FIngers crossed on the job op in Nikiski...

Your story about fishing has me thinking, "LHOTP" all the way! My boys especially love that part of the first book, and they wonder why we don't have a hollow tree smoker?

I *really* think, from your FB post, and from this one, that you ought to make an appt asap with an emergency eye care clinic, or even go in to the ER. I know how much many of us hate spending money that way, only to 1/2 the time be told what we already knew, but they can do diagnostics on your eyeballs that your DH just can't do.

Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon!

love, p

#25 of 98 Old 07-06-2010, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislocator3972 View Post

Congrats PureAKCrystal!!

I was talking to a mom the other day and she kept mentioning HOW BIG her baby was when she was born and HOW HUGE she is now and HOW BIG babies are so different etc etc etc. She described her baby as 'almost 9 pounds!' and I later found out the babe was 8 lbs 8oz. I told her my DD actually was 9 lbs at birth and that I've heard of babies much larger. She was offended. Apparently, she though 8-8 was as big as they got! I'm hoping my next one is another giant!

I can't believe my eggo is preggo! Maybe I'll go pee on another stick . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by akcowgirl View Post
I AM PREGNANT ALSO!!!!!!

Congrats Pure_AK_Crystal

dislocator3972 Congrats we will be pregnant at the same time !!!

Happy July everyone!!!
Congratulations you two! How exciting!
#26 of 98 Old 07-06-2010, 03:40 PM

Holy Pee Sticks Batman! 2 preggos?

Yippeee!
#27 of 98 Old 07-06-2010, 09:04 PM

Congrats to River's momma!
Congrats to those preggo!

Hey Fairbanks fellows,

Tomorrow I'll be at Snedden Park from 2-4 so come on down! Snedden is in the neighborhood behind chowder house on Slater St. Are you reading this after Wednesday, July 7th...don't fret, we are there every Wednesday. I am also trying to go to a meet-up at Growden Park on Fridays 2-4pm. These are both set up through fbxmoms yahoo group, also on facebook as Fairbanks moms network.

This summer is flying by and I hoped to have added some of the families on here to our winter playdate list. But there's still time, right?
#28 of 98 Old 07-07-2010, 01:16 AM

Dang, Katy. Tomorrow I go in for 2.5 hours of dentist time and I'll hopefully be higher than a kite by then. (I don't do dentists well...)

Have fun and post here for the next one as I don't have yahoo mail!

love, penelope

#29 of 98 Old 07-07-2010, 01:45 AM

Add me to the preggos...due March 3rd, cx will be Feb. 18th. This was very unplanned....LOL!

I'm so pissed about Banner's policy re: prenatal patients (therefore now TVC's policy therefore now MY problem...)

Jenn
#30 of 98 Old 07-07-2010, 02:20 AM

Oh my goodness! Congratulations all around!

But, uh, if there's something in the water here, I need to stay far, far away!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page