New Outdoorsy Groups in Anchorage - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-30-2010, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Two newish groups have begun meeting in Anchorage.

The first typically meets Tuesdays at 10:00 and is called Skedaddle. It is an all weather (and ages) playgroup that meets outside to help kids get a stronger connection to the natural world around them.

http://skedaddlekids.blogspot.com/

The second is a hiking group with kids. Hikes are either specified as carrier only or as jogger stroller friendly. It meets 10:00 on Thursdays.

http://taigatots.blogspot.com/

Thought I would let the community know!
#2 of 5 Old 07-30-2010, 09:39 PM

what a lovely Idea for mom's with young kiddos!
#3 of 5 Old 07-31-2010, 03:29 AM

I have a question about the hiking one. It says that kids are worn or in strollers and that it is for exercise. So would this not be a good match with my almost 4 year old who walks and me who is pregnant? We go on the slow side but I like my dd to walk now that she finally will because I think she gets more from it. Will there be hikes in the fall and winter?

I was thinking of going to skedaddle next week. I was going to the parent and me walk from the muni on tuesdays but that ended last week. I used to go to cuddlers and cruisers but my kids are a little older so I don't think I would know anyone. Will a almost 2 and almost 4 year old be older than the other other kids?

Dianna environmentally educated tree hugging mom of dd 9/06 and ds 10/08 newbie dd 9/10
#4 of 5 Old 07-31-2010, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

The hiking group is aimed at parent fitness. The kids get out at the 1/2 way point, but we have a quick pace. I pack my 2 year old for now, but will have to bow out of the group when he refuses the carrier!
#5 of 5 Old 07-31-2010, 06:49 PM

Ok we might try the skedaadle one. I have an appointment on Tuesday morning but I might show up a little late. The kids love swimming at Goose Lake.

Dianna environmentally educated tree hugging mom of dd 9/06 and ds 10/08 newbie dd 9/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page