Anchorage playgroups & things to do - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-17-2010, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I mostly lurk and post a few times a year here - but we are making a big move soon and will be living in Anchorage (S. Anchorage/O'Malley area).

I'm really unfamiliar with "what there is to do" in Anchorage aside from the usual - Imaginarium, H2Oasis, etc. that we do when we come to town. Are there active playgroups? Neat kid lessons I should look into?

I have (will have, anyway, I'm due in 2 weeks) 4 sons ages 9, 8, 1.5 and one due here in a bit as well as a 5yr old and 3 yr old daughters...

Mom of 7, ages 13, 12, 9, 7, 5, 4, and 2.5!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 08-18-2010, 01:50 AM

Check out the meet up groups for Infants and Toddlers and Luna Moms group. The zoo has a singing group on Mon and a great story time on Wed. We live at Birch and O"Malley. Welcome. The library has story hours.

http://www.muni.org/Departments/park...ctivities.aspx

Sue, mama to Spitfire (4/06) energy.gif, a Firecracker (9/08) blahblah.gif, and Chill baby (3/12)namaste.gif

signcirc1.gif bfinfant.giffamilybed2.gif

#3 of 8 Old 08-19-2010, 11:36 PM

There is a post down the page about a new all weather outdoorsy playgroup. The first Friday of the month there is a mom to mom breastfeeding support group at 7 at the one family birth center. It is a nice group for socializing even if you don't need help. The birth network meets the second Friday of the month at 7 at the one family birth center. You can bring kids to the meeting.

Dianna environmentally educated tree hugging mom of dd 9/06 and ds 10/08 newbie dd 9/10
#4 of 8 Old 08-21-2010, 10:48 PM

I was in the anchorage ap group on yahoo I believe there are a few other ladies here in it as well...we werent very active but I am sure you could give it a try!

Jess mom to 5!!! 3 boys 2 girls and another girl on the way edd jan 31st! I have a Disabled veteran husband
breastfeeding,cosleeping, non vax,no circ,and nature loving family!

#5 of 8 Old 08-22-2010, 02:21 AM

the libraries offer reading times for different age groups, sometimes music activities, and special activities associated with different books as their publishing dates come due (the Harry Potter activities were pretty fun)..

Also, there are a lot of cultural events that we attend with our kids.. we have learned a lot about other groups that way.. they were advertised at Loussac- but we went to Greek festivals, Japanese drummers, Russian puppet shows, etc.
#6 of 8 Old 09-15-2010, 05:56 AM

check out alaskaskids.com, the website went live and should be up within 24 hours. its a great resrouce page and its a moms group! i should know cause i run it! =)
#7 of 8 Old 09-16-2010, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

hmm... doesn't look like it's up yet but I'll check back later. We did make our move. S. anchorage is lovely, though most of the city has been shrouded in fog these past couple of days!

Mom of 7, ages 13, 12, 9, 7, 5, 4, and 2.5!
#8 of 8 Old 09-18-2010, 12:48 AM

Welcome, neighbor! It's lovely here I spent many hours wandering the zoo w/my Littles & then onto the Hillside or Prospect Heights trails.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page