March-ing Toward Spring in Alaska (mama's chat) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 03-25-2011, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HI!!!  I'm newer to this forum but I see you are in Wasilla like me.  :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icequeen_in_ak View Post

Holy smokes!  I've not been here in MONTHS!    Funny how life gets in the way and it seems like it's all I can do to check in with facebook.    How has everyone been?   What have I missed.

#32 of 48 Old 03-25-2011, 11:27 AM

We are always up for the museums!   I haven't taken the kids to the dinosaur one in ages so maybe friday for us? Have to see when it is closer.  :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post

Anchorage MEETUP TIME!!!!!

Arighty, we'll be coming up to Anchorage on April 14-15 or 16.

The current plan (subject to some modification of course) is to come up on Thursday and go to the Imaginarium at 3 with the free afternoon thing they have.

The next morning my DH will have his conference, and one of my kids has a medical appointment, but I anticipate being ready to play by 11ish. Our thought was to go up to the little museum in Mt View at that point, but we can do a lunchtime meetup/play date beforehand. Perhaps everyone bring sack lunches at 11ish and we can hang out someplace in town, then anyone who is interested is welcome to join us heading up to the museum around 1?

We may head home friday night or we may stay for saturday, it really depends how things go for DH with the job fair. They do a lot of interviews and it's just a matter of whether he's able to get them all in on friday or needs to stay around for a couple on saturday. 

#33 of 48 Old 03-25-2011, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

OK, so, having clarified with Hubby...we will definitely be there through saturday.  We will still do the museum on friday, but perhaps it would be better to meet up on saturday? I don't know how many folks work, or may have kids in school, or whatever. I know my 10yo would sure be thrilled if there were similarly aged kids there for him as well as for his little brothers. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post

Anchorage MEETUP TIME!!!!!

Arighty, we'll be coming up to Anchorage on April 14-15 or 16.

The current plan (subject to some modification of course) is to come up on Thursday and go to the Imaginarium at 3 with the free afternoon thing they have.

The next morning my DH will have his conference, and one of my kids has a medical appointment, but I anticipate being ready to play by 11ish. Our thought was to go up to the little museum in Mt View at that point, but we can do a lunchtime meetup/play date beforehand. Perhaps everyone bring sack lunches at 11ish and we can hang out someplace in town, then anyone who is interested is welcome to join us heading up to the museum around 1?

We may head home friday night or we may stay for saturday, it really depends how things go for DH with the job fair. They do a lot of interviews and it's just a matter of whether he's able to get them all in on friday or needs to stay around for a couple on saturday. 

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

#34 of 48 Old 03-25-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Holy smokes! I've not been here in MONTHS! Funny how life gets in the way and it seems like it's all I can do to check in with facebook. How has everyone been? What have I missed.

We're adopting a baby girl!
http://steveandpaularunyan.blogspot.com/2011/03/were-adopting.html

I am not a vegetable. I feed myself accordingly love.gif

#35 of 48 Old 03-26-2011, 01:04 AM

Just checking in to say hello.... it's been a while!  We just got back from a vacation and it was great to get away and enjoy a little sunshine.  I'm so ready for spring to truly get here.  I'm looking into some preschool/homeschool stuff for the LO.  She's just misses the deadline by a couple weeks, I'm not sure how strict the districts and programs are regarding the Sept 1st start date.  OKay time for sleep....

Becky
#36 of 48 Old 03-26-2011, 03:34 PM

I have no idea what happened in my last post. The wrong quote showed up!

#37 of 48 Old 03-27-2011, 10:00 PM

Hello, I've been absent for quite some time but today, my kids told me they're too old for their Stokke chairs.  LMK if you know of anyone who'd want both for $30. One has the seatbelt, one got cut off a couple of years ago.  They're def'n well used but not sure if they'd be appreciated if I just dropped them off at charity.  Cheers 

#38 of 48 Old 03-28-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblingBrooks View Post

Quote:
Holy smokes! I've not been here in MONTHS! Funny how life gets in the way and it seems like it's all I can do to check in with facebook. How has everyone been? What have I missed.

that is SO awesome! What a beauty!

We're adopting a baby girl!
http://steveandpaularunyan.blogspot.com/2011/03/were-adopting.html

#39 of 48 Old 03-29-2011, 11:18 AM

Totally off topic but this has me super mad & I would appreciate it if you would care to support my friend.

My very dear friend and fellow WAHM diaper maker Shannan of FBC has a broken bone because of a vaccume sales representative.
Her 9 month old preemie son that very nearly did not live & wears a heart monitor has a broken arm as well. All this because the vaccume demonstrator left a wet mess in her bathroom & did not bother to clean up or tell her he screwed up!!!

EDIT : Please keep Shannan & family in thoughts / prayers. I have removed the rest of the info & will pass on the suggestions to Shannan. Thank you to everyone that offered support!!

~~Rachel

#40 of 48 Old 03-29-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMommy View Post

Hello, I've been absent for quite some time but today, my kids told me they're too old for their Stokke chairs.  LMK if you know of anyone who'd want both for $30. One has the seatbelt, one got cut off a couple of years ago.  They're def'n well used but not sure if they'd be appreciated if I just dropped them off at charity.  Cheers 

Are you in Anchorage?  Do you think they still have a good use out of them?  I don't care about stains and bangs.

Kristen
#41 of 48 Old 03-29-2011, 04:28 PM

OMG! That' just insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik-E View Post

Totally off topic but this has me super mad & I would appreciate it if you would care to support my friend.

My very dear friend and fellow WAHM diaper maker Shannan of FBC has a broken bone because of a vaccume sales representative.
Her 9 month old preemie son that very nearly did not live & wears a heart monitor has a broken arm as well. All this because the vaccume demonstrator left a wet mess in her bathroom & did not bother to clean up or tell her he screwed up!!!

EDIT : Please keep Shannan & family in thoughts / prayers. I have removed the rest of the info & will pass on the suggestions to Shannan. Thank you to everyone that offered support!!

~~Rachel

#42 of 48 Old 03-30-2011, 11:41 AM

Yep, in Anch.  Not beautiful but still hardy Stokke chairs :)

#43 of 48 Old 03-30-2011, 09:31 PM

the next Alaska Birth Network meeting is in WASILLA!!

I hope to see some of our valley ladies show up.

Our special guest is Dr. Glen Elrod (with back up speaker Stella Lyn in case Dr has a Birth To attend)

April is Cesarean Awareness Month.

Sunday, April 10th,

1:30pm to 3:00pm

Mat-Su Midwifery Building

2650 E. Broadview Ave.

Carpooling from Anchorage is available! I have 4 seats in my van. PM me for more info.

#44 of 48 Old 03-31-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:

HI!!!  I'm newer to this forum but I see you are in Wasilla like me.  :-)

I am!   How old are your kiddos?  I'm forever trying to find folks for my daughter to have play dates with (she's homeschooled)

Bubblingbrook.... HURRAY!!!!  I'm SO happy for you guys!  I know it's been a rough road for you both and I hope your adoption goes seamlessly!! 

Has anyone here ever fostered?   I'm seriously considering it.   The only apprehension I have is I tend to get very attached and I'm afraid it will destroy me emotionally.  

: Karen, wife to my : Mad Scientist and mama to :Emma (10-21-03).
I spend my days : : and seeing how many smilies I can fit in my siggy.
#45 of 48 Old 03-31-2011, 11:14 AM

Awesome!!  ONe I can actually come to. LOL  And at my midwive's too.  :-)

Do I have to RSVP or anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfamily6now View Post

the next Alaska Birth Network meeting is in WASILLA!!

I hope to see some of our valley ladies show up.

Our special guest is Dr. Glen Elrod (with back up speaker Stella Lyn in case Dr has a Birth To attend)

April is Cesarean Awareness Month.

Sunday, April 10th,

1:30pm to 3:00pm

Mat-Su Midwifery Building

2650 E. Broadview Ave.

Carpooling from Anchorage is available! I have 4 seats in my van. PM me for more info.

#46 of 48 Old 03-31-2011, 11:16 AM

I have 3 kiddlets. Bub, my only boy, is 7 & attends the waldorf charter school. Bella is 3.5 & Tater Bug is 14 months. I have a have a friedn with 3 boys & 1 girl that just moved up here & they homeschool too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icequeen_in_ak View Post

I am!   How old are your kiddos?  I'm forever trying to find folks for my daughter to have play dates with (she's homeschooled)

Bubblingbrook.... HURRAY!!!!  I'm SO happy for you guys!  I know it's been a rough road for you both and I hope your adoption goes seamlessly!! 

Has anyone here ever fostered?   I'm seriously considering it.   The only apprehension I have is I tend to get very attached and I'm afraid it will destroy me emotionally.  

#47 of 48 Old 03-31-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:

Awesome!!  ONe I can actually come to. LOL  And at my midwive's too.  :-)

Do I have to RSVP or anything?

You do not have to RSVP but if you join the Meet -Up group online you can RSVP and be updated about all things Alaska Birth Network! www.meetup.com/Alaska-birth-network

#48 of 48 Old 03-31-2011, 08:15 PM

We tried to foster adopt, but nothing ever came of it.
Oddly enough, we had called OCS to see if our finger prints were still on file, ( expired greensad.gif ) and they actually tried to get both of us to turn the baby over to them so they could be in charge of the adoption. Crazyness. We turned them down, and have no intention of even letting them know who we the family is.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page