April Fool's Alaska Chat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 50 Old 04-01-2011, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter
 
roadfamily6now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Anchorage, ALASKA
Posts: 4,272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What? No one started a new thread for the new month?

Is it the new forum that has chased everyone away? I miss you guys being so chatty.

 

Does anyone know if the Anchorage assembly finally legalized Back Yard Chickens? I was unable to make it to the meeting on the 29th.  I would attempt to get away with it if my dear nosey neighbor was not head of the Scenic Foothill Community Counsel. Sigh........

 

 

roadfamily6now is offline  
#2 of 50 Old 04-02-2011, 12:28 AM
 
AKSoule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

They did not make any changes. I wasn't able to attend the meeting either but I watched the video online. Hopefully they will address it again soon. Did you know the UAF Outreach and Extension Service is hosting a Urban Farming Class series Fridays starting April 8th, and the class on April 22nd will be on keeping backyard chickens. I would so love for them to be legal.

AKSoule is offline  
#3 of 50 Old 04-03-2011, 11:10 PM
 
RoViMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So DD didn't get into any of the charters for K.  We are in O"malley's service area.  Does anyone have children there or know about it?  I just want to have a good time and learn, not just be taught for the test.  Still holding out hope for a call from one of the charters but have to prepare for this.  Also thinking about St. E's b/c I went to a catholic school and had a great time. But it's the cost!

 

Anything is welcome. 

 


Sue, mama to Spitfire (4/06) energy.gif, a Firecracker (9/08) blahblah.gif, and Chill baby (3/12)namaste.gif

signcirc1.gif bfinfant.giffamilybed2.gif

RoViMama is offline  
#4 of 50 Old 04-04-2011, 12:27 AM
 
boogaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Anchorage
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

O'Malley is a good school IMO. My biggest problem with neighborhood schools is that most use Everyday Math.  There isn't much "teaching to the test" in K anyway. 


Kristen
boogaloo is offline  
#5 of 50 Old 04-04-2011, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter
 
roadfamily6now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Anchorage, ALASKA
Posts: 4,272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoViMama View Post

So DD didn't get into any of the charters for K.  We are in O"malley's service area.  Does anyone have children there or know about it?  I just want to have a good time and learn, not just be taught for the test.  Still holding out hope for a call from one of the charters but have to prepare for this.  Also thinking about St. E's b/c I went to a catholic school and had a great time. But it's the cost!

 

Anything is welcome. 

 


Unfortunately I know little about the neighborhood school. We were able to get our elementary kids right into Rilke Schule 3 years ago.  However, Rilke is not about having a good time.  We pulled out kids out in Jan. Since then I have heard that have been a lot of changes. Principal is leaving and a few teachers are not going to be coming back next year.  shrug.gif   

 

roadfamily6now is offline  
#6 of 50 Old 04-04-2011, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter
 
roadfamily6now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Anchorage, ALASKA
Posts: 4,272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

the next Alaska Birth Network meeting is in WASILLA!!

 

I hope to see some of our valley ladies show up.

Our special guest is Dr. Glen Elrod (with back up speaker Stella Lyn in case Dr has a Birth To attend)

 

April is Cesarean Awareness Month.

 

Sunday, April 10th,

1:30pm to 3:00pm

Mat-Su Midwifery Building

2650 E. Broadview Ave.

 

Carpooling from Anchorage is available! I have 4 seats in my van. PM me for more info.

roadfamily6now is offline  
#7 of 50 Old 04-04-2011, 02:03 PM
 
Rik-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MatSu Alaska
Posts: 160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What is Rilke ?? It almost reads on the website like a waldorf style, but gives a vibe more like a strict academics pushing place.  My oldest goes to the waldorf charter school out here in tha valley & it is all about making learning fun / interesting / interactive so the kids will love learning.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfamily6now View Post




Unfortunately I know little about the neighborhood school. We were able to get our elementary kids right into Rilke Schule 3 years ago.  However, Rilke is not about having a good time.  We pulled out kids out in Jan. Since then I have heard that have been a lot of changes. Principal is leaving and a few teachers are not going to be coming back next year.  shrug.gif   

 



 

Rik-E is offline  
#8 of 50 Old 04-05-2011, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter
 
roadfamily6now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Anchorage, ALASKA
Posts: 4,272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik-E View Post

What is Rilke ?? It almost reads on the website like a waldorf style, but gives a vibe more like a strict academics pushing place.  My oldest goes to the waldorf charter school out here in tha valley & it is all about making learning fun / interesting / interactive so the kids will love learning.
 



 

Rilke Schule is the German Immersion School, It's not waldorf at all and they label themselves as a ARTS and SCIENCE school but they have art class 1 time every 2 weeks! It's all about the academics.  Gym 3 times a week. :( I'm sorry but after 3 years and doing a ton of volunteer work and helping out fundraising, I'm burnt. They have ruined it for me. My kids are now homeschooled
 

 

roadfamily6now is offline  
#9 of 50 Old 04-05-2011, 03:24 PM
 
happyblessedmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 635
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, MDC ate the post I just wrote out but...

 

I have 3 kids at O'Malley and have found it to be a wonderful school. My kids are in grades K, 2 and 4. They have lots of activities, I've found the children are generally quite respectful, it's a "small community" feeling there. I really like it. My son takes before school violin lessons (private, but offered @ the school) and they have an after-school French program. I really like the teachers we've encountered so far. They have an IGNITE gifted program.

 

re: Everyday Math - I never have bought into it and to be honest, some of the teachers also do not buy into it but are required by ASD to use it. I just supplement at home. One of our kids' teachers uses the bare minimum Everyday Math stuff and uses traditional curriculum to fill in... which I appreciate like crazy.

 

If you have any specific questions about O'Malley let me know.

 

Editing to add: they are having a kindergarten "open house" April 19th...


Mom of 7, ages 12, 11, 8, 6, 4, 3, and 18 months!grouphug.gif
happyblessedmama is offline  
#10 of 50 Old 04-08-2011, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter
 
roadfamily6now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Anchorage, ALASKA
Posts: 4,272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfamily6now View Post

the next Alaska Birth Network meeting is in WASILLA!!

 

I hope to see some of our valley ladies show up.

Our special guest is Dr. Glen Elrod (with back up speaker Stella Lyn in case Dr has a Birth To attend)

 

April is Cesarean Awareness Month.

 

Sunday, April 10th,

1:30pm to 3:00pm

Mat-Su Midwifery Building

2650 E. Broadview Ave.

 

Carpooling from Anchorage is available! I have 4 seats in my van. PM me for more info.



Bumping for Sunday!

roadfamily6now is offline  
#11 of 50 Old 04-09-2011, 04:43 PM
 
brightonwoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kotzebue, AK
Posts: 2,379
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

meetup next weekend...were there any takers?

 


~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)
 

brightonwoman is offline  
#12 of 50 Old 04-10-2011, 08:05 PM
 
Rik-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MatSu Alaska
Posts: 160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Saturday?  It is also kids day so huge hoopla downtown at the Deinana Center going on. Museum & zoo are free & will be uber crowded.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post

meetup next weekend...were there any takers?

 



 

Rik-E is offline  
#13 of 50 Old 04-10-2011, 10:35 PM
 
brightonwoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kotzebue, AK
Posts: 2,379
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


yeah, this saturday, the 16th. we're going to go to the little natural history museum in mtn view on friday (1ish) so if anyone would like to come there it would be fun to meet/see others. But then on saturday we don't really have any concrete plans, I was thinking maybe there might be a good place where we could all gather with snacks/playing (a park or playplace of some sort?)

 

I didn't know about kids days (I looked it up but couldn't find much specific information...just that it's at the Dena'ina Center from 10-4, and it says there are partner locations?) I would love more info about that if anybody has some. I'll be juggling my kids myself (DH will be at the teachers job fair) so I'm not sure if I want to take on big crowds...but my youngest two have never been to a zoo, so maybe that would be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik-E View Post

Saturday?  It is also kids day so huge hoopla downtown at the Deinana Center going on. Museum & zoo are free & will be uber crowded.
 



 



 


~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)
 

brightonwoman is offline  
#14 of 50 Old 04-11-2011, 10:33 PM
 
liza-s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alaska
Posts: 525
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post

meetup next weekend...were there any takers?

 



I wish we could, but we are going to the Glenn Hwy for the Hawkwatch (Mile 119 Glenn Hwy - Saturday and Sunday. Anchorage Audubon sponsors Sat, Mat-Su Birders on Sunday and there will be a BBQ and potluck Sunday too. A bunch of crazy birders starring at the sky waiting for hawks, falcons and eagles to fly overhead. Its a major fly-way).


Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
liza-s is offline  
#15 of 50 Old 04-14-2011, 05:17 AM
 
Pinoikoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoViMama View Post

So DD didn't get into any of the charters for K.  We are in O"malley's service area.  Does anyone have children there or know about it?  I just want to have a good time and learn, not just be taught for the test.  Still holding out hope for a call from one of the charters but have to prepare for this.  Also thinking about St. E's b/c I went to a catholic school and had a great time. But it's the cost!

 

Anything is welcome. 

 

Did you try any of the immersion programs? Some are not charters, exactly. We love the rigor. And our school is NOT full. close, but not yet
 

 

Pinoikoi is offline  
#16 of 50 Old 04-14-2011, 05:19 AM
 
Pinoikoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyway, sorry I have been staying away.. the new setup of mothering scared me away for a while, and just when I was starting to get comfortable navigating it, we were in a bad car wreck. I have missed work and all the kiddos were in the car too, so I am juggling appts for everyone. It is a nightmare. Thankfully we all survived- bumped, bruised, scraped and sore, but nothing permanent.

Pinoikoi is offline  
#17 of 50 Old 04-14-2011, 06:23 PM
 
spruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,608
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

We're coming to Anchorage for a martial arts tournament

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Bookworm Mama to 6 wonderkids and stepmama to one more: 22, 21, 18, 13, 10, 8 and our Z born April 2013. . Partner to my       
spruce is offline  
#18 of 50 Old 04-14-2011, 08:31 PM
 
Rik-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MatSu Alaska
Posts: 160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


WOW.  Very glad everyone is alright! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoikoi View Post

Anyway, sorry I have been staying away.. the new setup of mothering scared me away for a while, and just when I was starting to get comfortable navigating it, we were in a bad car wreck. I have missed work and all the kiddos were in the car too, so I am juggling appts for everyone. It is a nightmare. Thankfully we all survived- bumped, bruised, scraped and sore, but nothing permanent.



 

Rik-E is offline  
#19 of 50 Old 04-15-2011, 09:12 PM
 
onyxravnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Posts: 2,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

so yeah.. late to the game .. only 1/ way through april :lol ;)

hi!


transtichel.gifAk Hippie mama  ribbonpb.gifYamia  DSD '03 blahblah.gif  DS '07 ribboncesarean.gif  DS2 '09  hbac.gif & DS3  uc.jpg '12

homeschool.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.gifgd.gif

 

onyxravnos is offline  
#20 of 50 Old 04-19-2011, 09:25 PM
 
Pinoikoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone bought a new toyota sienna in Alaska? Is there really very little haggling to be had? Seems off somehow.

Pinoikoi is offline  
#21 of 50 Old 04-22-2011, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter
 
roadfamily6now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Anchorage, ALASKA
Posts: 4,272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have not bought any new cars in Alaska. We tried to buy a get new Jeep once but they wanted $800 a month for a payment!!! WhatEva!

roadfamily6now is offline  
#22 of 50 Old 04-22-2011, 11:00 PM
 
brightonwoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kotzebue, AK
Posts: 2,379
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoikoi View Post

Anyway, sorry I have been staying away.. the new setup of mothering scared me away for a while, and just when I was starting to get comfortable navigating it, we were in a bad car wreck. I have missed work and all the kiddos were in the car too, so I am juggling appts for everyone. It is a nightmare. Thankfully we all survived- bumped, bruised, scraped and sore, but nothing permanent.



bigeyes.gif i'm glad everyone is ok. I've been wondering where you were.

 

the new format bugs me too, but i dont' want to leave you ladies. :)

 

 

 

The update from us--DH got a job offer at the fair! It's in Kotzbue, which isn't exactly where we were hoping to go... we talked it over though and feel like we could live there for a couple of years at least. So we gave them a yes although we have not signed anything yet. He's applied for 17 SpEd jobs in Anchorage district, and a bunch here and in Fbx too. Mat-Su seems to not list jobs...does anybody know anything about that?! Anyway, we figure we'll give it a month or so, and if he gets an offer we like better then we'll go with that. But if not, we do have Kotz lined up. (We don't want to make them wait long, dont' want to impair their ability to get someone else if we don't take it after all...but during May there are lots of shuffles so it's still playing fair to switch tracks)


~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)
 

brightonwoman is offline  
#23 of 50 Old 04-22-2011, 11:02 PM
 
brightonwoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kotzebue, AK
Posts: 2,379
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

OOOOOO, I forgot my other announcement!!         I signed up for CAPPA's labor doula training in Anchorage this summer. :) Will anyone else be there? Or does anyone know anyone who is goign to be there? It would be fun to have a friend to sit with. :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)
 

brightonwoman is offline  
#24 of 50 Old 04-23-2011, 12:07 AM
 
Rik-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MatSu Alaska
Posts: 160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know Mat-Su lists employment on thier borough school website.  Don't know if that includes teaching positions?

Congrats on the doula classes!!! 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post





bigeyes.gif i'm glad everyone is ok. I've been wondering where you were.

 

the new format bugs me too, but i dont' want to leave you ladies. :)

 

 

 

The update from us--DH got a job offer at the fair! It's in Kotzbue, which isn't exactly where we were hoping to go... we talked it over though and feel like we could live there for a couple of years at least. So we gave them a yes although we have not signed anything yet. He's applied for 17 SpEd jobs in Anchorage district, and a bunch here and in Fbx too. Mat-Su seems to not list jobs...does anybody know anything about that?! Anyway, we figure we'll give it a month or so, and if he gets an offer we like better then we'll go with that. But if not, we do have Kotz lined up. (We don't want to make them wait long, dont' want to impair their ability to get someone else if we don't take it after all...but during May there are lots of shuffles so it's still playing fair to switch tracks)



 

Rik-E is offline  
#25 of 50 Old 04-23-2011, 01:51 PM
 
Pinoikoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfamily6now View Post

I have not bought any new cars in Alaska. We tried to buy a get new Jeep once but they wanted $800 a month for a payment!!! WhatEva!


well, we ended up buying a 2009 used one. it has 10,000 miles so still very new. still working out the payments, etc. Sucks because we didn't owe that much on our old car, but insurance companies don't have to give you something "equivalent" they have to replace the value of your old car.. anything as old as our old car has FAR more miles... so we just had to bite the bullet. Still I think we didn't do too badly. Good thing, too since we were looking EVERY DAY for 2 weeks.

 

Pinoikoi is offline  
#26 of 50 Old 04-23-2011, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter
 
roadfamily6now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Anchorage, ALASKA
Posts: 4,272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post

OOOOOO, I forgot my other announcement!!         I signed up for CAPPA's labor doula training in Anchorage this summer. :) Will anyone else be there? Or does anyone know anyone who is goign to be there? It would be fun to have a friend to sit with. :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

super exciting!  I am not planning on going and since the Alaska Birth Network is only helping with the advertisement, I don't even know who is going! The trainer is hoping to get 20 people so you might see someone you know!

Awesome!
 

 

roadfamily6now is offline  
#27 of 50 Old 04-24-2011, 12:42 AM
 
JosieAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alaska
Posts: 717
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Our life has been crazy.  We bought a house in Palmer, and I'm just about six weeks from my due date.  I am pretty chill with things.  No one batted an eye with the planned home birth this time, and I love my midwife (Susie Terwilliger in Eagle River), but sometimes it would be nice to meet with naturally minded ladies IRL.

 

Does anyone know of any actively meeting mama groups in the Valley?  I haven't ever met with LLL before, but I think I'd really like to.  I don't know how I'd do as a midwife or doula, but I sure would be interested in being a LC someday if the right training and opportunities presented themselves.  Anyway, that's just a dream.  I'm mostly just wondering about how to get together.


Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

 

JosieAK is offline  
#28 of 50 Old 04-24-2011, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter
 
roadfamily6now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Anchorage, ALASKA
Posts: 4,272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieAK View Post

Our life has been crazy.  We bought a house in Palmer, and I'm just about six weeks from my due date.  I am pretty chill with things.  No one batted an eye with the planned home birth this time, and I love my midwife (Susie Terwilliger in Eagle River), but sometimes it would be nice to meet with naturally minded ladies IRL.

 

Does anyone know of any actively meeting mama groups in the Valley?  I haven't ever met with LLL before, but I think I'd really like to.  I don't know how I'd do as a midwife or doula, but I sure would be interested in being a LC someday if the right training and opportunities presented themselves.  Anyway, that's just a dream.  I'm mostly just wondering about how to get together.

Would you be interested in helping the Birth Network set up some valley meetings? We have the interest but are lacking the volunteers to help do the work. It's not hard. PM me if you are interested.
 

 

roadfamily6now is offline  
#29 of 50 Old 04-25-2011, 01:48 PM
 
Rik-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MatSu Alaska
Posts: 160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What would be involved?  I can never make the Anchorage meetings. The one out here a couple weeks ago I ended up having derby practice at the same time, then being sick & missing both!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfamily6now View Post



Would you be interested in helping the Birth Network set up some valley meetings? We have the interest but are lacking the volunteers to help do the work. It's not hard. PM me if you are interested.
 

 



 

Congrats on the house!  I am in Wasilla & would also like to meet some more non-mainstream families. Count me in if you find an active group please!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieAK View Post

Our life has been crazy.  We bought a house in Palmer, and I'm just about six weeks from my due date.  I am pretty chill with things.  No one batted an eye with the planned home birth this time, and I love my midwife (Susie Terwilliger in Eagle River), but sometimes it would be nice to meet with naturally minded ladies IRL.

 

Does anyone know of any actively meeting mama groups in the Valley?  I haven't ever met with LLL before, but I think I'd really like to.  I don't know how I'd do as a midwife or doula, but I sure would be interested in being a LC someday if the right training and opportunities presented themselves.  Anyway, that's just a dream.  I'm mostly just wondering about how to get together.



 

Rik-E is offline  
#30 of 50 Old 04-25-2011, 02:33 PM
 
JosieAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alaska
Posts: 717
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yes, I might be interested.  I am pregnant and expecting a new little person soon (as well as mothering a 2 yo), but if it were a monthly (or so) thing and didn't require a LOT of running around in between times, it might work really well for us.  Also if someone like Rik-E wanted to start something WITH me, we could really go to town. smile.gif


Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

 

JosieAK is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off