Does anybody know of any playgroups or similar for large families near Anchorage? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-20-2011, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We're moving to Anchorage next month (military) with our 5 young children.  I'm hoping to find some other families with "lots" of children or children within the same age ranges (9, 5, 3, and 2 babies) that we can befriend.  I had thought initially about looking for homeschool groups, but though we've homeschooled in the past, we are not currently homeschooling - the demands of some of our younger special needs children were making it too challenging for me to meet the older children needs right now.  Does anybody have any other ideas? 

Thanks!

#2 of 4 Old 06-20-2011, 01:39 PM

We have one but it's affiliated with a church... not that that's really discussed during the playgroup :-) but there are a lot of 3-4-5+ kid families, a couple with 6.

Mom of 7, ages 12, 11, 8, 6, 4, 3, and 18 months!grouphug.gif
#3 of 4 Old 06-20-2011, 02:34 PM

Well, there is a homeschool group that meets at various times of the week, each week. No obligations.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_138751842827632&ap=1

Welcome!

#4 of 4 Old 06-24-2011, 10:03 AM

yeah, the groups I go to don't come with obligations either, I'd just hate to talk about them and have someone attend only to be offended when most members of the group are of religion Y. :-) Full disclosure and whatnot. I've never actually had religious practices come up at these groups.

Mom of 7, ages 12, 11, 8, 6, 4, 3, and 18 months!grouphug.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page