Amazing August Alaska Momma Chat - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 09-01-2011, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hugs and prayers G, wow, I'm sorry. :(

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

#32 of 39 Old 09-01-2011, 11:31 AM

Fairbanks peeps --  I have a friend in Fairbanks looking for a natural friendly pedi for her toddler. They don't vax, toddler is 'small' but healthy and mama still nurses primarily with solids as the child wants. The clinic doc is giving her problems & is *very* uneducated about nursing / natural parenting/ anything non-mainstream medicine.

Thanks for any recommendations!

#33 of 39 Old 09-01-2011, 11:38 AM

I'm sorry.  :-( 

Sending prayers your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post

Got prayers?  We sure could use some. As most of you know, well maybe not, my husband and I are permanently separated. We were together over 20 years and he is the father of my children. We had many good years together before things started going south. He is going through liver failure so I can't say this was unexpected. It doesn't make it any easier. He lives in Oklahoma.  A few days ago he had to have his abdomen drained.  They drained off 3.5 liters of fluid (common in liver failure as the ducts through the liver are blocked with scar tissue).  He was home from the hospital a few days but still did not feel well and was in a lot of pain.  His esophagus ruptured this morning. This is also pretty common in liver failure. They life flighted him to OKC (thank God). They did the TIPS procedure, repaired the tear. He is in a coma and has a 50/50 chance of surviving the next 24-48 hours. I just talked to his ICU nurse. They said he might have renal failure and the amount of ammonia in his brain is problematic. They don't know what his cognitive level will be if he survives. He lost almost 3 liters of blood so they had to give him a lot. They will do a CAT scan in the morning to check on his abdomen.

#34 of 39 Old 09-01-2011, 02:22 PM

Thank you so much.  His kidneys have shut down now.  We are working with Angel Flight which will provide two ticket and my sister is working on donations of airmiles and money to get the third.  Here is the latest update: http://cloud9doula.wordpress.com/  I'm trying to do updates there as I can because I am blessed with so many internet friends and every one is concerned of course. 

#35 of 39 Old 09-05-2011, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post

Got prayers?  We sure could use some. As most of you know, well maybe not, my husband and I are permanently separated. We were together over 20 years and he is the father of my children. We had many good years together before things started going south. He is going through liver failure so I can't say this was unexpected. It doesn't make it any easier. He lives in Oklahoma.  A few days ago he had to have his abdomen drained.  They drained off 3.5 liters of fluid (common in liver failure as the ducts through the liver are blocked with scar tissue).  He was home from the hospital a few days but still did not feel well and was in a lot of pain.  His esophagus ruptured this morning. This is also pretty common in liver failure. They life flighted him to OKC (thank God). They did the TIPS procedure, repaired the tear. He is in a coma and has a 50/50 chance of surviving the next 24-48 hours. I just talked to his ICU nurse. They said he might have renal failure and the amount of ammonia in his brain is problematic. They don't know what his cognitive level will be if he survives. He lost almost 3 liters of blood so they had to give him a lot. They will do a CAT scan in the morning to check on his abdomen.

Hugs.

#36 of 39 Old 09-05-2011, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik-E View Post

Fairbanks peeps --  I have a friend in Fairbanks looking for a natural friendly pedi for her toddler. They don't vax, toddler is 'small' but healthy and mama still nurses primarily with solids as the child wants. The clinic doc is giving her problems & is *very* uneducated about nursing / natural parenting/ anything non-mainstream medicine.

Thanks for any recommendations!

We used to see a lovely NP named Janice and she had her own practice located in that building next to wendy's off Airport. It also happened to be the same building where planned parenthood was/is located. It's been over 4 years now but I really liked her. She was nice and not pushy. She was the one who originally got my looking at my son's unexpected weight gain as a possible thyroid issue. 

#37 of 39 Old 09-05-2011, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblingBrooks View Post

Hey!
Just thought I woudl let you all know our adoption is moving right along.
We have home study copies in hand, and the lawyer has already started

some of his duties!

DH is out of work right now. Making due with a few guiding jobs. Wanting to get a Slope job, but no one is biting his apps :(
I just advertised for after school care in our home, in the Willow area.

Scrambling to get ready for winter. Putting in a root cellar, as harvest is almost upon us!

I wish you all the best with getting a job. Harvest sounds exciting! And amazing progress with the adoption! Where are you adopting from? Local? International?

#38 of 39 Old 09-05-2011, 01:54 PM

We were aproached by a friends who had just had a baby they did not want to keep. Teen mom stuff...

We got her at 3 weeks old.
She is almost 7 months now, and thriving on WAPF formula, and is also now chomping away on chopped moose, salmon, home grown eggs and fermented pickles!
Due to the FCLO in the formula, her severe under bite is almost gone joy.gif

I am not a vegetable. I feed myself accordingly love.gif

#39 of 39 Old 09-06-2011, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Sounds great.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page