Moving to Honolulu - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-20-2012, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Mamas!

I am moving to Honolulu in the beginning of the new year and am wondering if there are any AP groups there to meet up with. We have been a part of the wonderful community here in Columbus, Ohio and would like to find similar friends when we move. DS is 2.5 and and we cloth diaper, babywear, cosleep, left him intact and breastfeed until he is DONE. :)

Is there an online community or forum? I found OahuAPMamas but it seems to be :p even though there is a lot of interesting information on there still. 

Is there a good cloth diapering store on the island? 

Are there any places that let kids come to work with mamas?

What fun things are coming up that I shouldn't miss with my lil keiki?

Any other advice for a n00b? 

See you soon Honolulu!

xoxo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 11-20-2012, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

OH! and I am a craaaaaaazay crafter. How am I going to survive without my sewing machine, tools, serger and notions??  :(

#3 of 3 Old 11-28-2012, 04:36 PM

The AP group here is a Facebook group called Attached in Oahu. Also, there's a great LLL group here. I'm a part of a meetup group called Honolulu Toddlers and Waddlers. We have casual play dates, and most of the moms and babies I've met have been super nice and fun.

Baby Awearness in Manoa is the greatest cloth diapering resource on the island.

I'm a SAHM so I have no idea about work with baby opportunities.

Obviously, the beach is great. Sanssouci Beach in Waikiki is great for kids because the water is calm and it stays shaded until the late morning. The zoo and the aquarium are also great. The Children's Discovery Center, though expensive, is fun. Believe me, once you get here, you'll find no shortage of fun things to do with your li'l guy.

Though I don't sew, I'm also an avid DIY'er. I garden at my local community garden, make my own cosmetics, and brew my own fermented beverages. DIY'ing here because of the high cost of living, is not just fun but very practical.

Aloha!

Lindsay, mom of Jonah (7/9/10). Homebirthing, breastfeeding, bedsharing, cloth diapering, babywearing mama.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page