Interest in homebirth book in AK and HI? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-06-2013, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Mods, forgive me if this is not allowed, and if it is not, of course, please remove it.  My writing partner and I have finished our book, "The Essential Homebirth Guide."  In fact, it has been reviewed on this website.  it is available from amazon or Barnes and Noble, or any other bookstore on Feb 12.  (Although you can preorder if now)  We are working with our publicist at Simon and Schuster setting up a book tour.  I am trying to gage the interest of the homebirthing communities in AK and HI.  We both have locals ties to these states, so want to include them if it is feasible. 

I'm thinking of Anchorage in particular, as I lived there for five years.  Would it be worth it and would anyone be interested in hearing us speak?  We can set it up at the Barnes and Noble on Northern Lights, but as it is a distance, we would love to know at least a few people would come out to hear us.  We'd also love to chat with some local birth groups, like ICAN, or any doula groups, or the Alaska Birth Network, if there is any interest.

In HI, my partner's family has had a house in Honolulu for years, so we would love to come out there is there is anyone who would like to have us come.

Please feel free to email me privately if you would like.  essentialmidwifery at gmail dot com.

Just testing the waters, and again, I hope this is ok.  Thanks!

Jane E. Drichta, CPM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 02-08-2013, 02:19 PM

Might I say that if you're going to be in anchorage anyway you should hit Fairbanks too:)

transtichel.gifAk Hippie mama  ribbonpb.gifYamia  DSD '03 blahblah.gif  DS '07 ribboncesarean.gif  DS2 '09  hbac.gif & DS3  uc.jpg '12

homeschool.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.gifgd.gif

#3 of 4 Old 04-01-2013, 01:37 PM

sorry this is so late of a reply but I rarely get on Mothering anymore.

YES!! I'm sure the community here would love to hear more about your book.

Just let me know ([email protected]) and I'll post it all over facebook and share it with the Alaska Birth Network.

#4 of 4 Old 04-08-2013, 02:00 AM

If your in kenai at all or willing to come down, our Birthnetwork chapter would love to have you as well!
There are many home birthers
On the peninsula smile.gif

Email: [email protected]

- niki

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page