Alaska here we come... help please!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-08-2013, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My kids and I will be heading to Homer Alaska this summer for the Alaskan Essences Practitioner Training Course. We will be driving from Missoula, MT and can't wait!!!

I am still trying to find someone from here to head up with us to hang with the kids while I am in training. If I can't find someone, I will need a nanny in the area. Someone who can show my kids the wonders of the area while I'm hard at work! 

I am also looking for lodging while we are there. July 6-14. Does anyone know of any sublets or a not very expensive vacation rental? Is anyone looking to have a Mama and her 2 kids stay with them? Any leads in this area is greatly appreciated!!

If you are somewhere along the way and would be interested in letting us stay for a night that would be awesome too. I have a 5 and 2 year old and plan on driving 8 hours tops a day. I want this to be a great adventure and not just a rush there and back! 

I would also consider a ride share if you know anyone!

Does anyone know any boat captons? Sea Kayaking outlets? What else should we do while we are in Alaska?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 06:35 AM

No information, but I saw your post and hopefully bumping it up will get you the answers you need. 

bfinfant.gifbreastfeedingfemalesling.GIF baby-wearing familybed1.gif bed-sharing greenthumb.gif herb growing/using nocirc.gif no circ'ing  lady.gif Mama 

bikenew.gif6-25-2006goodvibes.gif11.29.2008dust.gif7-6-2010babyf.gif10-3-2012 belly.gifcraving #5 ALREADY 

Old 05-16-2013, 05:58 PM

Are you on Facebook? There are many large active groups for different parts of Alaska. You may find a lot more input that way. Are you planning to camp on your trip, or hotel/ stay with people only?

Old 05-16-2013, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

I will be camping on our way there and am really hoping for a more home like place while we are in Homer. It is an intensive training course I will be taking and really hope for the comforts of home. I will have to rent a place or find a place to stay. I am really hoping for the place to stay to pan out. Fingers crossed. Renting a place is a lot more than I have in my budget!

Thanks for your suggestion! Going to check it out now!

Old 06-02-2013, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Things are very booked up all summer as homer is popular for vacationing. I hope you find something...

User Tag List