MOVING - HELP! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-11-2013, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband and I are seriously considering moving to Alaska as we both fell in love with it while visiting; wanting to raise our kids with adventure and new way of life.  However...we have NO idea where to look for employment or renting options as we cannot apply for financing until living in state for said amount of time.  We have three children that we would also need arrangements for!  So...I need everyone's help!  I am currently an LPN and will resume school for my RN as soon as we are settled.  My husband has worked in the steel industry.  Any suggestions?  We have spoken with someone in North Pole, but other than that, we are pretty clueless.  THANK YOU for all of your help!  :)

#2 of 4 Old 11-16-2013, 09:56 AM

Craigslist is pretty big in AK. Good Luck!

#3 of 4 Old 11-16-2013, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you! We will check it out!
#4 of 4 Old 02-13-2014, 06:10 PM

What part are you thinking of moving to?  We just moved to Juneau from Texas and so far we're absolutely loving it!!!  One of the great things here is that there is a lot of need for professionals of about every type.  Often the demand is high and the pay can be too!!!  We found our place on Craig's list but honestly, we just stayed in a hotel for a few weeks while we looked for the right place!  Housing here at least is hard to find and you kinda have to jump on it when you find something you like.  Juneau is NOT like the rest of the state in a lot of ways.  It has milder weather, much more fog and we're just loving it!!!!  Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk more about it.  ;) 

Wife to Mark, Momma to Matt & Bryan : Joe & Jonathan - Labor Doula

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page