Ped dentist in Fbx? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-07-2008, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can anyone rec a great pediatric dentist in Fairbanks? I went to Dr Higgins when Orion chipped a tooth 2 yrs ago, but he didn't want me to come in with Orion--and Orion was under the age of one! I mean, you just need your mama sitting there with you until you're maybe 3 or 4. And he was very anti-BF. So we need a new dentist...

TIA

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-09-2008, 03:36 AM

We like O'donoghue. He's pricey but he gets a lot of natural concepts so the tug of war isn't there. He has I think 4 kids of his own. He's very prevention focused. We went for a 2 yr check and were happy - he did it w ds1 on my lap.
#3 of 5 Old 10-13-2008, 09:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
O'Donoghue has 4 hs'd wonderful kids. He's also anti-flouridated water, and very intelligent and well-read.

We see Dr. Tanner (his offices are called Gentle Dental). They kind of giggled at me years ago when I requested to be asked before they did fluoride treatments on my kids (I don't allow them), and I told them I *always* want to approve any X-rays (so they aren't routine...the kids don't always need them, IMHO), and that I want their thyroids covered during x-rays. Now they're used to me and my silly ways.

He's a great dentist, and sees a ton of kids, takes Denali Kid Care and sees a lot of special needs kids. He also has 4 kids of his own and is a hockey dad.

love, p

Bookworm Mama to 6 wonderkids and stepmama to one more: 22, 21, 18, 13, 10, 8 and our Z born April 2013. . Partner to my       
#4 of 5 Old 10-14-2008, 03:14 PM

Why do you see Tanner instead of O'donoghue?
#5 of 5 Old 10-14-2008, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
To my knowledge, O'D doesn't accept DKC. He's pretty pricey.

Plus, his wife and kids are family friends, and it would just be awkward.

penelope

Bookworm Mama to 6 wonderkids and stepmama to one more: 22, 21, 18, 13, 10, 8 and our Z born April 2013. . Partner to my       

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page