Anyone from Belleville, ON? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-19-2009, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just curious (:

Mama, wife, labour doula and HALO labour doula instructor, fertility and maternity reflexologist, certified dancing for birth class instructor, placenta encapsulator and placenta encapsulation trainer, owner of By the Moon.

Happy hippy mama

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2009, 01:36 AM

I'm in Belleville, ON. I moved here two years ago from Frederiction, NB. My boys are 13, 8 and nearly 5. : After one and a half years working at Sears in the customer complaint department, I quit and now I work at Taste of Country as a bakery assistant.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter

Nice move. I worked at Stream twice since I've been back to Belleville. I didn't really mind it but it's not the most glamorous job, listening to people complain all day.
Your new job sounds much tastier!

Mama, wife, labour doula and HALO labour doula instructor, fertility and maternity reflexologist, certified dancing for birth class instructor, placenta encapsulator and placenta encapsulation trainer, owner of By the Moon.

Happy hippy mama

Old 01-20-2009, 03:05 AM

Not from Belleville, but from Campbellford, really close to Belleville

I live in Toronto now, though.

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
Old 01-24-2009, 06:09 PM

I am There are a few of us here it seems. I know of at least four others who havn't seen/posted to this thread.

YAY for Belleville MDC Mamas :

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
Old 03-05-2009, 11:13 PM

I'm in Belleville too!

mama to the Girls (15, 14, 13) and the Littles (5, 3) 
Old 03-05-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_ani View Post
I'm in Belleville too!
You're one of the four I mentioned in my post... I meant to link you to it but forgot Glad you found it though!!!

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
Old 03-05-2009, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triscuitsmom View Post
You're one of the four I mentioned in my post... I meant to link you to it but forgot Glad you found it though!!!
I was going to edit my post to say I was probably one of the four you mentioned Great minds think alike... (but then again fools seldom differ )

mama to the Girls (15, 14, 13) and the Littles (5, 3) 
Old 11-27-2009, 02:43 PM

Can I piggyback this thread to ask for some help?
My DD is moving to the Belleville area (Trenton) next month. She is an attachment-parenting, EBF mother, and has had trouble finding any support groups or contacts in the community. There seems to be no LLL for over 100 km, no API group, no nursing mothers' groups, nothing but a support group for military mothers (which she is not.)
Anybody have some contacts for her?
Old 11-27-2009, 03:08 PM

mamabadger: There are fortunately several resources in this area now. There is a nursing Moms group that meets on Thursdays at the Early Years Center on MacDonald Ave at noon. There is also a babywearing group that meets (BABiC - Belleville Area Babes in Carriers) at 6pm at Organic Underground (255 Front Street, downtown Belleville) on Mondays. As well there are pockets of us who meet at various times at each others houses or at the EYC.

I am often at the nursing Moms group (still nursing both boys) and I started and facillitate the babywearing group so if she is looking for us I'll almost certainly meet her PM me if you want my contact info to pass along to her

Alison
Old 12-16-2009, 12:42 PM

Thanks!
Old 01-20-2010, 01:10 AM

I'm in Bloomfield, about 20 minutes from Belleville Nice to see that there are other MDC Mama's near by! I've been meaning to make it out to the nursing meetup at the Early Years Centre, but it means a drive in with a babe who hates his carseat!

I'm a WAHM to a little Bean (07/11/09).
Old 07-07-2010, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Just bumping this up to see if there are any new faces from the Belleville area. I haven't been here in AGES! Happy to be back

Happy hippy mama

Old 08-07-2010, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna-belle View Post
Just bumping this up to see if there are any new faces from the Belleville area. I haven't been here in AGES! Happy to be back
I just realized who you are and that I actually know you! You are in fact one of the four Moms I mentioned in my previous post

Alison
Old 08-07-2010, 03:01 AM

Hey does the nursing mamas group meet in the summer? Any thing happening next week? I am at my mom's just north of Trenton next week with DS. I have family all over the area Belleville, Trenton, Stirling and lived in the area when I was a teenager.

Scarlett bfinfant.gif , DH Boris geek.gif , DS 1/29/08 Julian kid.gif DD2 6/7/12 babygirl.gif missing our DD 1/06/06 Sonja angel3.gif and MC @ 9 wks 11/18/06 Satchel  angel.gif

Old 08-07-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly_mommy View Post
Hey does the nursing mamas group meet in the summer? Any thing happening next week? I am at my mom's just north of Trenton next week with DS. I have family all over the area Belleville, Trenton, Stirling and lived in the area when I was a teenager.
It sure does! Mondays from 11:30 to 1:00.

There is usually a get together of Moms on Thursdays, location varies every week and I'm not sure where it is this week but I can try and remember to come back here and post when it is announced.

Every other week there is a babywearing group meeting as well, but the next one is August 19th.

Alison
Old 11-08-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerygirl36 View Post
I'm in Belleville, ON. I moved here two years ago from Frederiction, NB. My boys are 13, 8 and nearly 5. : After one and a half years working at Sears in the customer complaint department, I quit and now I work at Taste of Country as a bakery assistant.
OMG! I live in Kingston and I moved here from Fredericton last year! I have a 7 year old boy (8 in March), a 2 year old boy and a newborn baby girl.

My kids learn at home and are always looking to meet new kids if you ever come to Kingston!

User Tag List