Quebec - Lasalle hospital for birthing - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-28-2011, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

thank you so much memz for this it is greatly appreciated. So I will call and see if I am able to get  dr. lafortune.

And I commend you for being in labour for 36hrs ,  and pushing for 2h30..I think I would've said knock me out. lol your very strong and congratulations on your birth. 

Thanks again.

Maryam.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2011, 10:39 AM

Hi, can a Canadian give birth in the US? I have horror stories about every single hospital in Quebec and was considering going to Ontario (Ottawa) or somewhere close in the US. The only thing that I need to find out about is the medical coverage. In quebec, I have the Medicare and my private insurance. In Ontario, I guess somehow Medicare kicks in and the health insurance works in the rest of Canada. However, what happens if I give birth in the US? Since you gave birth there, would you know by any chance?
Thanks!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:39 AM

Hi There,

I am in desprate need of a doc. I just realised i am pregnant after i felt a movement in my stomach and i decided to mak a pregnancy test. But i do not know how far i am in the pregnanvy as i just stop breastfeeding two weeks ago. But i know i am a little far into the pregnancy. I just moved into Lasalle area. Can someone help with a referral, i have call all clinics in the area and non is ready to accept me....I AM REALLY CONFUSE AS I NEED HELP. MY FIRST WAS BORN IN THE USA

Old 04-27-2011, 09:20 AM

did you call the clsc for help? that's how i found a doc. who was your doc with your last baby? they should still be able to help you if they are in montreal, they don't need to be in lasalle.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:19 PM

I know this reply is too late, but I just wanted to share my experience at Lasalle Hospital. I had a terrible experience at that hospital and I think it was due to the fact that I don't speak French. I chose to birth there because several of my husband's coworkers had recently had children there including his boss and they thought it was excellent (they are all francophone). The nurses and doctors speak English and French, but they didn't want to spend the time explaining things to me in English. For many it just had to do with them not being able to, and for others there was just attitude. Only when my husband spoke to them in French, did the nurses take the time to explain my care or the baby's care in full, otherwise I just received information in bits and pieces. I was really confused about several things such as why I needed a c-section, what I had to do for my daughter because she had low blood sugar, its implications, breastfeeding issues and my medications.

Also, I can understand French but I can't speak as well. In the operating room I heard some comments about me. I couldn't wait to leave. Unfortunately I had a c-section so I had to stay longer than most.

This hospital may be the "newer" hospitals in montreal, but it definitely didn't look that way to me. I had a horrible experience. I would never go back there again.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:23 AM

Couldyou please help me get a doctor there, I have high risck pregnancy and I had a doctor at Royal Vik but I was just told that he wilstart teaching and he can t see me anymore ( go figure) I m eight weeks and I had so many problemsalready I need constant monitoring.
Pls call me at 514 686 974
Mny thanks

User Tag List