Home birth in Montreal - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 11-27-2013, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just got into the Pointe Claire Birth Centre! I can't believe it. 

Canadian mom of Myron born in Japan, March 2007. Our second son born at home, wonderful HBAC in July 2010. I am a jeweller, I love creating things!

1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35**coolshine.gif*40****45, Due June 10th, 2014

#62 of 66 Old 11-27-2013, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That's wonderful! Maybe we'll run into each other there!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#63 of 66 Old 06-09-2014, 01:09 PM

Smile New to Montreal & pregnant!

Hey!
I know it's been a while since this thread has been posted on. I've been reading through all the comments and it's been so helpful! My husband and I just moved to Montreal at the beginning of this year (so I am knew to the crazy web of the health care system here!). I just found out I am pregnant a week ago, I should be about 7 weeks by now.

I'm currently reading Alicia Silverstone's new book called Kind Mama, which advocates much for natural birth and it's really got me thinking about my options.

Currently I was able to get in to see a OB at Lasalle near the end of July, but a now curious about some of the birthing center options in Montreal. My husband however, is a little freaked out if something was to go wrong and we weren't at a hospital. Did any of you still have a "back up" to go to if there were any complications? Or can they take care of most things at these birthing centers like in Pointe Claire?

Thanks so much!!!
Samantha
#64 of 66 Old 06-09-2014, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

I was followed by a midwife at the Pointe Claire birthing center for my pregnancy. If you are nervous about giving birth outside the hospital, you do have the option of giving birth at Lasalle hospital with your midwife. The doctors and nurses don't get involved unless there is a problem. Also the midwives work with the doctors at Lasalle if anything comes up during your pregnancy. In my case I found out at the end of my pregnancy that the baby was breech so a doctor took over my care and I had a C-section, but my midwife came to the hospital right after to help me with breastfeeding and stuff (she was way more helpful than the nurses).

#65 of 66 Old 06-11-2014, 04:26 AM

Numbers for midwives

Hi, I came upon this thread and I saw you hired a midwife for your baby. Any numbers to call would be appreciated. I live kinda in the boonies, (southwest of Montreal, near upper NY). Thank you ladies!

J
#66 of 66 Old 06-11-2014, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Here is a link to the list of birthing centers in Quebec, just call the ones nearest http://www.osfq.org/?page_id=38&lang=en

You don't need to hire a midwife, they are paid by public healthcare here in Quebec (assuming you have a health card).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page