therapist in Ottawa - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-27-2009, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can any mamas recommend a therapist in the Ottawa area? I am looking and don't really now where to start and would love recommendations. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Thanks!
#2 of 6 Old 08-29-2009, 03:00 PM

Stephanie Irwin is fantastic. I can't recommend her highly enough – really empathetic but no crap, YK? I really liked her and we were dealing with some pretty heavy stuff at the time.
She's at 1755 Woodward Drive/613-228-0800

Megan, loving her sweet rainbow1284.gif boys, born Aug. 2008 and Feb. 2011, and their sister, born still March 2007 candle.gif
#3 of 6 Old 09-02-2009, 01:57 AM

i was given stephanie irwin's name by my midwife after my first was born. i didn't end up seeing her, but she was highly recommended.

now - o/t - hope back to work went okay megan - i've been on complete bedrest so haven't been out much in the past month but last time i saw you, you had daycare and all set up for leo. just hope it went well...for you both!

arlene

mama to callum (april 8,07) and everett (sept 24,09) - blessed to be married to my life's love since '98. novaxnocirc.gif

#4 of 6 Old 09-05-2009, 12:44 PM

Stephanie Irwin was also recommended to me. If you are looking for post partum/birth councellors, I don't think there are many in Ottawa. She does other stuff as well. Good luck.
#5 of 6 Old 09-15-2009, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I highly recommend Christine Appelle. Both my DH and I have seen her several times, together and separate. She is really caring, gentle, compassionate and also to the point. She gives very constructive direct advice but in the most loving way. She is located on Sommerset St W right by the canal and is covered by almost all insurance. She shares an office with her husband, Morry Appelle and I think their phone book listing is in his name. Feel free to PM me if you want her contact info or any more info about her.

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
#6 of 6 Old 09-21-2009, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions! Much appreciated.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page