Vancouver(ish) in September: summer weather, autumn cheer - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 237 Old 09-18-2009, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
I've already talked with Dr. Ask Kler - I know he is good - but he cannot do sedation in office, so we're out of luck with him.
Just a thought...in-office sedation can work really well but I have more safety concerns about it than I do general anaesthetic. The problem with in-office sedation is that the only backup that they have if there is respiratory distress is 9-1-1. Work done under GA is at least monitored and the staff and equipment is right there if there are problems. If I chose to go ahead with doing work under GA for dd, I would probably choose the private Cambie hospital. The dental assistant who helped us for about a year used to work there and she only had good things to say about them. Not fun decisions to have to make though

sharing life with | 10 yo ds | 8 yo dd | dh (since 2012)
"I am not what happened to me...I am what I choose to become." ~ Carl Jung
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 237 Old 09-18-2009, 01:54 AM - Thread Starter

Lisa and anyone who wants to boost their immune system: the cheapest high vitamin D cod liver oil that is processed the "correct" way according to the experts is Twinlab Norwegian Cod Liver Oil for $6.23 per bottle. Shipping from iHerb is US$4.00 via International Air Mail. We are not yet supplementing because I assume that we are still making adequate Vitamin D from the sun, but we will be soon. We all take a dose that gives us 1000 IU of Vitamin D/day in the fall/winter/spring, though I have read differing opinions about the correct dosage of vitamins A & D --I am not giving medical advice here.

Get well soon folks : and I hope that you can find a decision that feels right with respect to your kitty Autumn .

#123 of 237 Old 09-18-2009, 03:17 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are doing some purging around here finally! I have some things to give away & some to sell & thought I'd offer them up here before going to Craigslist...

Free: First up is a white Ikea kids' trestle table that we acquired a few years ago from someone on this list & would now like to pass along. Approx. 20”X36”. I can't find a picture - I guess they don't sell it any more - so if you are interested you can e-mail me & I'll send you one.

We might be selling a couple of chairs that can go with it (this is one of them), but I’ll have to check with the kids. We bought them separately.

For sale (ds has agreed to part with them if he can keep the money ):

2 John Deere die cast tractors with trailers (like this). I believe they are 1:16 scale. $10 each

2 smaller tractors (1 John Deere, 1 not), with 1 harvester-type trailer. 1:32 scale?
$5 each

…or make an offer for all of them!

Tonka toughest mighty loader $5

Tonka toughest mighty dump truck $5

Various other large diggers & dumpers…$5 each or again, make an offer!

Various smaller trucks, fire trucks, hot wheels cars & tracks.

Please contact me at hbbyer at shaw dot ca if you are interested in anything, I can send pictures or you can just come, see what’s here & stay for a visit!

Helen wash.gif Homeschooling Mama to Nicola photosmile2.gif 07/00 , Daniel kewl.gif 05/03 & cat.gifX2...and hug.gif with Barry caffix.gif since 08/87
#124 of 237 Old 09-18-2009, 03:43 AM

Autumn Mama, that's such a tough choice. I tend to lean towards the "put them out of their misery" side of things, but it's hard to say when it isn't clear that they're experiencing misery -- to be honest, I'd lean that way if the choice were really expensive medical procedures coupled with lots of pee or poop clean-ups... that can't be happy for a cat either. you'll figure out the best path, and don't feel guilty if you decide to put her under, she had a long and lovely life with you.

Quote:
Hi - some of you might remember me from awhile back, I haven't been on mothering in a long long time.

I'm needing help, though.

do any of you know of a really good pediatric dentist who uses holistic and biological dentistry? Barring that possibility, one who will listen and respect what a parent wants and uses sedation in office? I cannot for the life of me find one in the area, and my only other option is driving down to Issaquah, Wa - which I am willing to do if need be. But local would be so much better.

I've already talked with Dr. Ask Kler - I know he is good - but he cannot do sedation in office, so we're out of luck with him.

Many thanks for any help anyone can offer.
Hi Chasmyn! how are you guys doing these days? so sad that we never ended up meeting in person (we're in new zealand now, but I still hang around here for the company ). did you find the vancouver dental thread? there is a link to it in the first post of this thread (I think?). what kind of sedation are you hoping for? good luck, and my heart goes out to you, dental issues SUCK with kids!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia View Post
the cheapest high vitamin D cod liver oil that is processed the "correct" way according to the experts is Twinlab Norwegian Cod Liver Oil for $6.23 per bottle. Shipping from iHerb is US$4.00 via International Air Mail.
thanks ksenia, I knew you'd show up with the best CLO info!

We're Tiffani , Mark , Lucy (9/99) , Dexter (8/01) ,and Zachary Marvin (3/07) and Naomi Rose (6/09), home 11/10, by way of Ugandan adoption.

#125 of 237 Old 09-18-2009, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Cohousing isn't perfect, but I continue to choose it for so many reasons. Our family has experienced many benefits from living here .
I can second that. I LOVe living in cohousing, even as frustrating as it can sometimes be. I love living in community, and I especially love that my son has so many wonderful friends here.

Ksenia (or other families here), come and move to Langley! We've got tons of kids here, all ages, and we also have a home for sale, ANd one for rent! SO if you're not sure if you want to BUY in cohousing, you can come and try it out. Also available on the rental option is a roommate situation, shared with a single Mama of a 2-year-old girl.

Here they are:

3 bedroom home for sale (in our atrium down the way)

3 bedroom home for rent (right next door to me! Also, children not included.)

Quote:
Just a thought...in-office sedation can work really well but I have more safety concerns about it than I do general anaesthetic. The problem with in-office sedation is that the only backup that they have if there is respiratory distress is 9-1-1. Work done under GA is at least monitored and the staff and equipment is right there if there are problems. If I chose to go ahead with doing work under GA for dd, I would probably choose the private Cambie hospital. The dental assistant who helped us for about a year used to work there and she only had good things to say about them. Not fun decisions to have to make though
That is really good information for me, as I was wondering what your concern was with chlorohydrate over GA. Both are risky, IMO. I don't like either option. The diet we've chosen for healing is crazy difficult, but well, it's worth it if my son's teeth heal - or at least, the decay is arrested and we can grow strong teeth. I've been poring over all of the teeth threads here in the past few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffani View Post

Hi Chasmyn! how are you guys doing these days? so sad that we never ended up meeting in person (we're in new zealand now, but I still hang around here for the company ). did you find the vancouver dental thread? there is a link to it in the first post of this thread (I think?). what kind of sedation are you hoping for? good luck, and my heart goes out to you, dental issues SUCK with kids!!!
We're good apart from the teeth thing. Cohousing is wonderful, we're adapting well to living in this amazing personal growth fishbowl we call Windsong. : We've got great friends, all of us - life is good. Doing this healing diet is HARd but we're getting to add more foods every couple of days, so we're getting better all the time.

Wow, New zealand! We're considering moving to an ecovillage there with a few other cohousing members - maybe in a couple of years. The northern bit. Woudn't it be amazing if we did and then we met in person THERE?

And no, I didn't see that link in the first post (I admitted I went straight to asking my question, I've been a bit panicky about this whole thing.) I'll go check it out now, thanks so much!
#126 of 237 Old 09-18-2009, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Chasmyn,

Glad that cohousing is working out for you! Just to clarify -- we're not moving, a neighbour is. But I would love to take a tour of WindSong some day to check out a less urban form of cohousing.

Quote:
That is really good information for me, as I was wondering what your concern was with chlorohydrate over GA.
Chloral hydrate can cause respiratory distress and other problems that dental offices aren't equipped to deal with.
Quote:
The diet we've chosen for healing is crazy difficult, but well, it's worth it if my son's teeth heal - or at least, the decay is arrested and we can grow strong teeth. I've been poring over all of the teeth threads here in the past few days.
Dietary changes alone probably aren't enough with raging ECC, IMO. HealOzone, frequent xylitol candies, regular topical application of remineralizing paste, and occasional application of tiny amounts of fluoride-containing remineralizing liquid all contributed to our being able to slow things down. With raging ECC, dietary changes alone aren't necessarily going to change the mouth flora and control the bacterial growth. In fact, a WAP diet might actually acidify the mouth, which isn't going to help with remineralization (regular xylitol helps with alkalinizing).

#127 of 237 Old 09-18-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Lisa and anyone who wants to boost their immune system: the cheapest high vitamin D cod liver oil that is processed the "correct" way according to the experts is Twinlab Norwegian Cod Liver Oil for $6.23 per bottle. Shipping from iHerb is US$4.00 via International Air Mail. We are not yet supplementing because I assume that we are still making adequate Vitamin D from the sun, but we will be soon. We all take a dose that gives us 1000 IU of Vitamin D/day in the fall/winter/spring, though I have read differing opinions about the correct dosage of vitamins A & D --I am not giving medical advice here.

Get well soon folks : and I hope that you can find a decision that feels right with respect to your kitty Autumn .
Thanks, Ksenia. I'll make a note of that, and pick some up when we're finished our current vitamin D. I found one place that recommended 1000 IU per day for every 25 pounds of body weight, but that information was geared specifically towards H1N1 season. I'm doing 1000 each, but that's just me and ds2. DH, ds1 and dd1 all got lots of time outside in the sun this summer. Because I was still recovering from the surgery, and ds2 is such a crazy handful, he and I were inside a lot. I'm sure we didn't make much vitamin D this year. Once we're all getting less sunlight (either through being indoors more or because of the weather), I'll give supplements to dd1, and try to convince dh and ds1...

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#128 of 237 Old 09-18-2009, 05:47 PM

How do you all get the CLO into your kids? I really want to use the stuff as I'm ever more convinced of the health benefits. But there is simply NO WAY my kids are going to down anything that doesn't taste good.

Can I sneak it into juice? Is it strong-smelling/tasting? Ah, the joys of having very picky (okay, "sensitive") children! My nutrition worries never seem to cease...

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#129 of 237 Old 09-18-2009, 07:07 PM

chasmyn, how old is the dental patient? my son has taken chloryl hydrate several times and it always really helped him mellow out and just lay there and take instruction from the dentist. he had done so well with it twice that we tried it once without and he couldn't keep still -- kept bringing his hands up to deflect the instruments, general squirming when it was uncomfortable, couldn't keep his mouth open, etc. so, we went back to using it on the next visit, and it really, really, really worked well for him, with no signs of loopiness or "drugged" appearance. he wouldn't have been able to get his dental work done without it, and thankfully he didn't have to have GA. he was 6 when he had all this work done. he has a few more cavities to fill (I've been putting it off because we don't have dental insurance here, and it's just so blech to deal with dental issues) and I'm hoping he won't need it, but I won't hesitate to use it if necessary. just as a personal anecdote to confuse you even further! that said, I do know a child that got totally wired on chlorylhydrate and had to eventually go in for GA, so it doesn't work for everyone... I don't know if it's a dosage thing or just one of those inexplicable 'people reacting differently to medication' things... good luck with your decision!!

Mariah, I give my kids CLO in capsules that they can swallow. you can put the good CLO in capsules yourself (an eyedropper works well for this, especially the kind that sometimes comes with tinctures, with the really skinny tip) if it doesn't come in capsules. sasha might not be able to swallow capsules yet, but emily might be able to... lucy used to be able to (and dex would take the stuff straight off a spoon) but now she has a harder time (out of practice after two straight summers! ) so I bought those tiny little capsules from nordic naturals, even though they aren't the best, I figured they were better than nothing... dexter takes a different brand in gigantic capsules that he swallows. I'm not as worried about it here because it's pretty sunny in the winter, but when we were sick for so long I wanted to do SOMETHING, so it was CLO and vitamin C...

We're Tiffani , Mark , Lucy (9/99) , Dexter (8/01) ,and Zachary Marvin (3/07) and Naomi Rose (6/09), home 11/10, by way of Ugandan adoption.

#130 of 237 Old 09-18-2009, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet68 View Post
How do you all get the CLO into your kids? I really want to use the stuff as I'm ever more convinced of the health benefits. But there is simply NO WAY my kids are going to down anything that doesn't taste good.

Can I sneak it into juice? Is it strong-smelling/tasting? Ah, the joys of having very picky (okay, "sensitive") children! My nutrition worries never seem to cease...
The different brands differ in how strong tasting/smelling they are. I find the Twinlabs one pretty fishy, and the pricy Blue Ice brand a little less so. I doubt that juice would help -- maybe a juice chaser to wash the taste away. My kids don't like it but in this case they have no choice. We went through a couple of winters of really bad illness and I'm just not prepared to do that again. The high vitamin CLO really has been miraculous for us. Whatever CLO you use, do read the label to see if there is significant D in it -- many have tiny amounts that are not therapeutic quantities.

edited to add: the Blue Ice brand has flavoured CLOs -- I find the cinnamon one easier to stomach, but the flavours aren't terribly child-friendly either.

#131 of 237 Old 09-19-2009, 12:32 AM

My daughter's Kindergarten teacher is facilitating the Power to Parent 1 (Neufeld) videocourse and discussion over an 8 week session, from Oct 1st to Nov 19th. Cost is nominal and it goes from 6-8pm on Thu nights at the school (East Van near N Bby). PM me if you're interested and I'll forward you the details.

Mama to my two sweet monkeys - DD '04 and DS '06
#132 of 237 Old 09-19-2009, 12:57 AM

I second Ksenia's method. I buy the Blue Ice Olso Orange flavour, but I have no doubt that it tastes disgusting. They take it on a spoon, chased by something they like (in our case, a liquid calcium supplement). It is not optional for my children. Kind of like tooth brushing, if that helps put the justification in perspective!

Erin, mommy to ds April 2004 and dd : February 2007
#133 of 237 Old 09-19-2009, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Hi Chasmyn,

Glad that cohousing is working out for you! Just to clarify -- we're not moving, a neighbour is. But I would love to take a tour of WindSong some day to check out a less urban form of cohousing.

Chloral hydrate can cause respiratory distress and other problems that dental offices aren't equipped to deal with.
Dietary changes alone probably aren't enough with raging ECC, IMO. HealOzone, frequent xylitol candies, regular topical application of remineralizing paste, and occasional application of tiny amounts of fluoride-containing remineralizing liquid all contributed to our being able to slow things down. With raging ECC, dietary changes alone aren't necessarily going to change the mouth flora and control the bacterial growth. In fact, a WAP diet might actually acidify the mouth, which isn't going to help with remineralization (regular xylitol helps with alkalinizing).
good info on chloro hydrate, thanks.

Dietary changes aren't all I'm doing - we're also doing regular brushing with xylitol toothpaste, rinsing and storing brushes in tea tree oil, rinsing after all food, using MI paste. I'm looking into the mints, and I've asked and cannot get anyone to do the ozone (decay is too advanced, they say). We're doing GAPS, not WAP (although there is crossover - we don't do any grains at all, no fruit or sugars of any kind for now as a difference, for example).

I'm going to all kinds of dentists looking for other treatment options that I can get on board with. It seems to be very very difficult to find a dentist willing to do anything OTHER than stainless steel crowns on children, sadly. Although there is a woman in WA if need be. The Vancouver dental resource list is AMAZING - I've been writing lots of notes from that one.

Oh, I knew you weren't planning on moving, I was just inviting you anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet68 View Post
How do you all get the CLO into your kids?

Can I sneak it into juice? Is it strong-smelling/tasting?
Lots of folks put it into OJ or tomato juice. Yep, it's strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffani View Post
chasmyn, how old is the dental patient?
He is 4. Yeah, lots of conflicting information everywhere - I think it's really a matter of being as informed as one possibly can, then making what feels like the best choice for ones family. It's really the best we can do, isn't it?
#134 of 237 Old 09-19-2009, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Yeah, lots of conflicting information everywhere - I think it's really a matter of being as informed as one possibly can, then making what feels like the best choice for ones family. It's really the best we can do, isn't it?
You're doing a great job!

#135 of 237 Old 09-19-2009, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooticky View Post
Kind of like tooth brushing, if that helps put the justification in perspective!
Good analogy. Tooth brushing has involved coercion around here, but it's not optional. We drive ourselves nuts trying to make it pleasant/fun, but if that's not flying, you still have to brush your teeth. My children have a lot of control over what they eat, pickiness, etc. But CLO isn't in the category of food preferences, etc. It's a mandatory supplement. I should clarify -- dd is pretty compliant about the CLO -- only ds really hates it. But he knows my ultra-determined face which I save for totally non-negotiable issues. I know that kids are different so I'm not saying that that approach will work for you Piglet. Good luck!

#136 of 237 Old 09-19-2009, 10:13 PM

Thanks for the reply, Ksenia. I wish I could win that battle, but other than pinning them down and forcing it into their mouths I'm not sure even my most determined "face" will help. I'm not sure I could stomach doing that battle daily for the length of time it would take for them to finally accept it as non-negotiable, but then we haven't had much illness here. Perhaps I can get DH to be the "bad guy", lol.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#137 of 237 Old 09-20-2009, 12:40 AM

Thanks for all of the sensitive replies about my cat and her bladder/kidney issue. I'm deciding for now to go day-by-day, and we've had success keeping her using her box and keeping doors closed. Petting her and cuddling her has seemed to help too. We keep some old towels over the places where she pees, and by checking them each day, I'm able to manage the washing if she pees there. I'm not convinced she'd be a cat who'd be okay with a trip to the vet to say goodbye either, Len. My cat only vet is amazing, and is so gentle, but still. The vet was Sasha's worst place to be, ever. She'd cower and get all tense.

So, for now, she's getting lotsa extra love. She is still spry and lively, though really thin. Her weight during peak health over the years only topped 8 lbs. She's a wee thing, and is now smaller than ever, but eats and drinks, and seems like she's enjoying life still.

CLO: we give it to DS2 off the spoon (Blue Ice Oslo Orange flavour-he says there is no other flavor other than "fishy", lol ), and Ds1 takes it in a cocktail of fish oil, vitamin liquid (Now brand multi/kids' dose) and water/juice. My kids don't really complain about it, although they can be picky about other stuff. We've been taking it the last few weeks, as I want the transition to be smoth, we're already indoors more tnan two weeks ago.

After spending soooo much glorious time outdoors since last April, it is feeling weird to be inside again so much. I need to make my indoors as pleasant as outdoors, lol. A creek through the living room perhaps, lol?

ERIN, : simple living mama, on the path to simplicity with DH, Scott, Matthew, 8 Brendan, 5 : and a garden full of
#138 of 237 Old 09-20-2009, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Mama View Post
I need to make my indoors as pleasant as outdoors, lol. A creek through the living room perhaps, lol?
Oooh, I like that idea... since we don't have a couch right now, our living room is this huge open (messy!) space. Maybe Calvin and I could design some sort of faux creek for a fun water-oriented project to go with the "unit of inquiry" he's doing at Wondertree.

Good luck with your cat. My cat doesn't expecially like the vet's, more so when he can smell or see dogs, but he's such an easygoing guy, that he doesn't really freak out either (unless he's getting a rectal exam, but that's a whole other story). He was starting to freak out about going in the car or van to the vet's, but then we started taking him for car-rides again (partly because I had to take him to work with me a few times while Em was away). Now he likes the car again. Yes, my cat is weird.

But you may be able to find a vet (especially one you already have a relationship with) who might be able to do the euthanasia at home for you. It can't hurt to ask.

Lori : mum to Emily (nov94) and Calvin (jul 03), : and : married to : Wes
#139 of 237 Old 09-20-2009, 03:49 AM

((autumn))

we use the carlson's lemon oil, and my kids like it with a tiny drop of stevia in it. but then, they'll happily chew their vit e capsule and their little halibut oil capsule.

#140 of 237 Old 09-20-2009, 04:12 AM

I hope this is ok to post here...I know so many of you in person, yet don't have e-mails for you (or I did until we lost our address book in the spring )...

Our family is participating in this event next weekend for an organization we have been part of for the last year or so. When ds was just two years old he was diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome & it has affected our lives ever since. The Starlight Foundation has given us a community of families also dealing with serious health conditions. Please consider making a donation for this very worthy cause .

The Starlight Childrens Foundation 4th Annual Dream Walk, will take place on Saturday September 26th, 2009 in four cities across Canada. This years 5k Dream Walk and 10k Run in BC will bring families and friends together to get active and raise awareness about Starlight Childrens Foundation. In BC, Starlight touches the lives of seriously ill children and their families more than 3700 times each month! When a child is diagnosed with a serious illness, the entire family is affected, and the day-to-day joys of childhood often take a back seat to the rigors of treatment and hospitalization. You can make an impact on the lives of these children by sponsoring me or participating in a Dream Walk near you. Thank you!!

Click here to search for Helen Byer & make a donation.

Thank you!!

Helen wash.gif Homeschooling Mama to Nicola photosmile2.gif 07/00 , Daniel kewl.gif 05/03 & cat.gifX2...and hug.gif with Barry caffix.gif since 08/87
#141 of 237 Old 09-20-2009, 11:35 AM

Thanks Helen, for posting that! I think it's great that you think highly of us to ask us to donate! I'm looking into it, next week. Erica, or tiffani, I still want to make a donation to the organization that supplies mosquito netting to countries affected by malaria...where was that?

We're off to Mayne Island for the daY!!! This is the Gulf Island of my childhood memories, the place I joyfully explored marine ecosystems, knew patches of forest to the minutest detail and just lived so freely during summers and long weekends until I was 20-something.

My oldest has been begging to go this year, as I regale him with all of my growing up stories that happened there...we're checking out the cob houses too! Matthew's really excited to see them, as am I! Sooo cool to see other ways to live and have a home in the world. So simplified! And of course, chillaxin' in the sand and exploring tidepools too!

ERIN, : simple living mama, on the path to simplicity with DH, Scott, Matthew, 8 Brendan, 5 : and a garden full of
#142 of 237 Old 09-20-2009, 02:25 PM

Thanks, Erin

Have a great time today. What a beautiful day to be out on the water & visiting those cool cob houses!

#143 of 237 Old 09-20-2009, 05:05 PM

clo... I think it all tastes horrible and so do my kids... Cassidy will eat the capsules but I have trouble getting it in to the rest of my kids... luckily I think we get enough vitamin D in Costa Rica in the winter

Autumn... I also love mayne island... one of my best friends grew up there and his mom and dad still live there... he married his first wife at light hosue point... I have many great memories of being there with him and his family... enjoy your visit!

Jason was on the news last night and will likely be on again today... he witnessed a plane crash in Maple Ridge with the boys yesterday and they hiked in to see the the first responders pull the pilot out of the plane who was (thank goodness) alive and will be ok... its on the bctv news website... tehy interviewed him and also bought some video he captured on his blackberry. we're going to donate the money they gave us for the video to Maple Ridge Search and Rescue.. Exciting day!

Jen Wife to Jason and Mom to Cassidy 10y Malcolm8y & Lucas 5y
living in Canada and Costa Rica and slowly exploring the world
#144 of 237 Old 09-20-2009, 08:24 PM

That's awesome, Jen. WTG, Gr8ful Dad!!

#145 of 237 Old 09-21-2009, 01:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8fulmom View Post
Jason was on the news last night and will likely be on again today... he witnessed a plane crash in Maple Ridge with the boys yesterday and they hiked in to see the the first responders pull the pilot out of the plane who was (thank goodness) alive and will be ok... its on the bctv news website...
Wow. Here's J giving an eyewitness report:
http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...shColumbiaHome
(click on play)

Gotta love how he got the boys into the news -- what a great dad he is .

#146 of 237 Old 09-21-2009, 04:29 PM

Is anyone going to the Neufeld taping this evening...? I'm going!

#147 of 237 Old 09-21-2009, 05:12 PM

does anyone know where I can buy wool felt squares in vancouver or near by? I am looking to get some soon so that we can cut out some fall leaf shapes. thanks so much! A
#148 of 237 Old 09-21-2009, 09:27 PM

Hi Ally,
You can get real wool felt from Fabricana. They sell it by the meter and also by the 12" squares. I think its around $3-4 per square.

Mama to Emma (7) and Sarah (5)

#149 of 237 Old 09-21-2009, 10:50 PM

Thanks Ellaine! I am assuming you go to the one in Coquitlam - I'll give them a call tomorrow.
#150 of 237 Old 09-22-2009, 12:30 AM

Ally, Michael's also sells them.

Oh wait, I don't think they are real wool. They are the "felting" craft stuff.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page