Recovery from Occipito Posterior Delivery - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-21-2009, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a baby girl two weeks ago, and while she was not breech, she was "face up". I did not have any complications during delivery, but I seem to be taking longer to recover than I did with my first child. Fourteen days later, my lochia is still as heavy as a menstrual flow, with the same reddish/brown colour. Also, I feel a tremendous amount of pressure and discomfort in the perineum area when I've been on my feet for a while. I did not tear during delivery, but there seems to be significant bruising. I'm just wondering if all of this is normal. With 2 kids under 2 now, I need to be in good health and able to function without worry. But I can't help thinking something isn't quite right.
#2 of 3 Old 09-22-2009, 08:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
It sounds like you might just need to stay off your feet for a few days. Both symptoms sound to me like you are overdoing it. Have you tried ice packs? Frozen maxi pads make good ones, and will help with your swelling and bruising. If you do homeopathy, take some arnica. Ibuprofen might help too.

Do you have help with your toddler? Can you get someone to help out with things while you take a few days off to catch up on healing?

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#3 of 3 Old 09-22-2009, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My first was also "sunny-side up" and I lived on Arnica and ice packs. I also took epsom salt baths twice a day and soaked many of my aches away (plus I had the joy of many stitches) Since she was my first, I was definitely able to take it slower and stay off my feet more, but perhaps it would help to try to do more activities where you can elevate your feet - read books, watch her in a mid-day bubble bath, set her up with playdough on the coffee table, watch videos together, etc. Hope you start to feel better soon, and congratulations!

Living life as fully as we can, with our three fellow adventure-seekers ~ K (2000), T (2003) and R (2007).  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page