2010 Olympic Events - bring kids? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-02-2010, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We live in the Vacouver area and I'm wondering if anyone is planning to bring kids to any Olympic games?

My DH doesn't think we should, but I think our almost 4yo might remember and be glad to have been at them. We don't live right in the city, so we're only going to one thing, probably a hockey game.

Anyone know if you have to pay for a kid or if they can sit on your lap? Am I just wasting $50-150 if we bring our DD when she could have at least as much fun playing with her grandma (but then she wouldn't have the olympic "memory")?

Thanks.

Tjej
#2 of 4 Old 01-05-2010, 01:24 PM

Well we are going to the Olympics with our kids this year We live in Ottawa and we are flying out for 10 days and have tickets to 3 daytime events. We will be bringing our 4.5 yo (who is a hockey player herself) and our 1.5 yo. We have to pay for the 4 yo, anyone over 2 costs money. The 1.5 yo is free. We had debated not taking the girls to the events but thought that for the 4 yo especially it would be a wonderful memory & experience (she is turning 5 in April). And the 1.5 yo who will be 2 in March is too little to be left with anyone other than family. We have good friends in Van, but no family.
Our dd would be sad to miss the women's hockey games we are going to, but as I said she plays, as does my dp, so it will be really fun for them. (And we are a hockey family, the baby's first phrase was 'hockey stick'! She can also say helmet, lol!
#3 of 4 Old 01-07-2010, 02:52 AM

We live in Vancouver too, and thought we'd buy tickets to one event to bring the kids to so they would have an olympic experience, even though my 3yr old may not remember it. We opted for Women's hockey because the tickets were not very expensive, and there would still be excitement in the game unlike curling (no offense to curlers!). We had tried for figure skating tickets as well, but didn't get them through the lottery.

Mama to my two sweet monkeys - DD '04 and DS '06
#4 of 4 Old 01-17-2010, 02:20 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your perspectives.

No luck convincing my DH. However, it looks like we waited way too long and may well not get in to anything anyway. Sigh. Perhaps I can bring the kids in for some paraolympic stuff myself. I'm sure they'd like it, and I hear there are still tons of tickets.

Tjej

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page