UPDATE: Do stores honour sale price from another store? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-18-2010, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter
npl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know of a store that sells baby gear that will honour the price in another store's flyer?
Zellers has a great price on the Nautilus. The two stores near me are out of stock, and I have a raincheck but need it asap.
I was wondering if ToysRUs or Sears, or somewhere like that would honour the sale price in the flyer.
Anyone know?

UPDATE:
Walmart honoured the price when shown the Zeller's flyer. They were amazed at the price difference (I saved $60 over Walmart's regular price) but they still were able to give me the better price. I did need to show the whole flyer, so they could confirm the item was the same and the flyer was current.
#2 of 8 Old 01-18-2010, 08:12 PM

That's great to know, thanks!

Kind of on the same note, many people don't know about this but there are SO many stores that have what is called the "scanning code of practice". This means that the price on the tag and the price that scans in must match perfectly or you either 1. get the item for free or 2. if the item is over $10 then you get $10 off. This happens to me alot at my local choices- they will have a can of beans for example on sale, 20 cents off or something and it scan in at the original price- I point it out to them on my reciept and I get the full amount back. Often a cashier will want to just give me 20 cents back so I ask about it and a manager will come and refund the full amount. So check your reciepts, I most recently got a bag or chicken strips (9.99) for free!

Loving mama to M. 09/2007 and K. 10/2009. Married to my soul mate :
#3 of 8 Old 01-19-2010, 12:20 PM

Toys R us (out of town for me) had a special on the Nautalus, so when I printed off the online description and brought it to Sears (as someone who avoids walmart- I think walmart's price was comprable) they gave me the discounted price. I was all set for a 30min drive out of town when I thought "what the heck, I'll try, the worst they can say is no"! It saved a ton of time and money!

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

#4 of 8 Old 01-19-2010, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter
npl

Yeah! I resisted Walmart for ages, but our local Sears is terrible for customer service and finding stock, and the Walmart has been really good. Good to know that I can try the same thing at Sears, too.
For the supermarket thing - my FIL used to be able to get so much money back with that policy, but somehow I never seem to find any discrepancies!
#5 of 8 Old 01-19-2010, 04:52 PM

I ended up ordering ours online from Sears to have it delivered so I didn't have to drive. I found a coupon code which made a HUGE discount and also covered the shipping cost.
This is when they first came out and were even more expensive than they are now, so it made a big difference.

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

#6 of 8 Old 01-19-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangatan View Post
That's great to know, thanks!

Kind of on the same note, many people don't know about this but there are SO many stores that have what is called the "scanning code of practice". This means that the price on the tag and the price that scans in must match perfectly or you either 1. get the item for free or 2. if the item is over $10 then you get $10 off. This happens to me alot at my local choices- they will have a can of beans for example on sale, 20 cents off or something and it scan in at the original price- I point it out to them on my reciept and I get the full amount back. Often a cashier will want to just give me 20 cents back so I ask about it and a manager will come and refund the full amount. So check your reciepts, I most recently got a bag or chicken strips (9.99) for free!
I believe that's a law.
#7 of 8 Old 01-20-2010, 03:40 PM

Side note: Toys r'us is a real PITA. They require an actual flyer. So it means they don't match Walmart's or Zellers everyday price. I tried to take a picture on my phone of the tag on the shelf and still did not work even after a long argument with the store manager. (Maybe it's just that store though).

Yarn-aholic Mom to 2 cutest little girls. Dec 06 blahblah.gifbikenew.gif and May 09 energy.giftoddler.gif  Looking for time tocrochetsmilie.gif and sewmachine.gif. Will always remember my missing babies too ribbonpb.gif

#8 of 8 Old 01-24-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmommy View Post
I believe that's a law.
Unfortunately it's not the law (though I believe it should be!). It's a code to which each store chooses or not to subscribe. Zellers (surprise, surprise) does NOT subscribe. Too many discrepancies there, they'd be outta business in a week

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBoo View Post
Side note: Toys r'us is a real PITA. They require an actual flyer. So it means they don't match Walmart's or Zellers everyday price. I tried to take a picture on my phone of the tag on the shelf and still did not work even after a long argument with the store manager. (Maybe it's just that store though).
Toys R Us will often call to check stock and verify the other location has it in stock and that the EXACT model (so covers must match on car seats etc) as well. They are not easy to PM with but I think they give you 10% of the sale price in GC to go with the PM so it's good if you can get it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page