Need some free legal advice help in Montreal pls! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-17-2010, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I'm going to have a baby and I need to figure out the best way to to tell the father to be. It's very complicated. Does anyone know who to talk to for some advice on telling him? I'd like to tell him soon but it's very important that I do it the right way (whatever that means) and things are clear for us both and my baby will get what he or she needs later on. There is a language barrier,culture difference and yeah...he has a daughter all ready and he may have just married the mother. A few weeks ago I told him I might be pregnant and that didn't go to well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 02-19-2010, 01:56 AM

Hey there,
Im from BC and don't know a whole heck of a lot about law but wanted to tell you what I do know in case it helps. Here in BC most lawyers will do a free consult to see if the services they provide suit your needs and you can learn lots from an appointment like this. You can also call the lawyer referall service and for a small fee $20-30 you can meet with a lawyer and get some legal advice. The operator will ask a few questions about your situation and refer you to a lawyer in your area that could help. I bet you could ask them about free legal services as well. Im not totally clear on the exact service you need but you could see if it could be performed by a notary in which would cut down costs significantly. Good luck.

Loving mama to M. 09/2007 and K. 10/2009. Married to my soul mate :
#3 of 3 Old 02-19-2010, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Oh how I miss BC! Where are you from in BC? I'm from the OK but lived in Victoria for years before I came here. I did manage to get the number of a local lawyer and mediator here and hope we can chat today. I also have a couple numbers to some other places. I'll keep the notary in mind though in case I do want somethng signed and have to pay for that. Thanks.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page