Montreal naturopath who speaks English? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-10-2010, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey fellow Montreal mamas! I'm looking for recommendations for a naturopath who speaks English. I'm having some weird symptoms and have undergone some testing and am waiting for an MRI, and I'd like some input from a naturopath. I can speak French, but for health issues I prefer to communicate in English (esp since my French speaking and comprehension deteriorate when I'm dealing with stressful things). If you have a naturopath who you love and trust please let me know!

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

#2 of 6 Old 03-12-2010, 03:11 PM

moved this to the Canada tribe.

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

#3 of 6 Old 03-12-2010, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a wonderful English-speaking naturopath in Montreal, I have sent you her name by PM.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#4 of 6 Old 03-12-2010, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourire View Post
I have a wonderful English-speaking naturopath in Montreal, I have sent you her name by PM.
Thanks! I got your PM and will be calling her on Monday. I liked what I read on her website.

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

#5 of 6 Old 03-25-2010, 02:14 AM

Hi,

I would go with someone who has training from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in Ontario, since it has more stringent requirements than naturopaths here in Quebec.

I found this doctor, and she looks promising:
http://www.harmonyhealthcentre.ca/ilana_block.html

Good luck

Sign hanging in Albert Einstein's office at Princeton: Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts.
#6 of 6 Old 03-25-2010, 02:22 AM

One more to add:

http://www.corpusdiem.ca/newsite/eng....php?section=1

The CCNM, where both these people have graduated, is the only accredited 4-yr program for naturopathy in all of Canada. They need at minimum a bachelor's degree just to be considered for admission, and there is a licensing exam at the end, just like for medical doctors. Quebec does not regulate naturopaths. Acupuncturists in Quebec have their own self-governing body, but not naturopaths.

Here's to your wellness!

Sign hanging in Albert Einstein's office at Princeton: Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page