Parents and Kids Fair (Montreal) - is it worth it? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-24-2010, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I was about to order the rest of the baby stuff I need online, but my mom called to say not to buy anything yet because she wants to go to the Parents and Kids fair in April. It would be nice to save shipping costs if we can find what we want there, but if we can't then we're out $24 (or $22 if we can find coupons). Has anyone been before? Is it worth the admission price?

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-24-2010, 03:04 PM

I've never heard of it before, but wow, it looks interesting! Here's a list of the exhibitors - have a look and see if these are companies you were going to order from anyway:

http://parentsandkidsfair.com/exposants_en.php

I've purchased from Bummis and MamanKangourou before, it would have been nice to see a large array of products in one place!

Amy, mom to E superhero.gifsince April 2008 and C babyboy.gif since October 2011, wife to P since September 2006.

#3 of 4 Old 03-24-2010, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Dreamy! I'm checking out the list now. I can definitely get a lot of the stuff on my list from Bummis, but I'm just hoping they'll have some specials or something since I could walk into the store and buy that stuff without paying admission, KWIM?

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****
#4 of 4 Old 03-25-2010, 02:04 AM

There's usually a coupon for a few dollars off in an upcoming Jean Coutu flyer. I believe the website will mention when it will appear.

And yes, there will be many vendors that will offer Show specials (eg no tax, special deals on merchandise not normally available otherwise). I've been to the BabyTime show in Toronto during the fall, and the Montreal show is 100 times better. Not only because of the vast array of people with products and services to show you. But because it functions as an info fair with government services, non-profit organizations that help parents and families, and groups that work with families touched by a special needs child.

They also provide a drop-in daycare for parents who just want 45 minutes to wander around without a bored toddler to drag around. Boy Scouts are present during the heavy traffic hours to help schlepp the strollers up the stairs for you. And a gigantic sandbox and the eating area includes high chairs for the small fry to sit on. Very thoughtful!

Sign hanging in Albert Einstein's office at Princeton: Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page