Who's from Manitoba? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2 3  4  ... Last
Canada > Who's from Manitoba?
Lia & Eva's Mama's Avatar Lia & Eva's Mama 01:27 PM 10-10-2010
Bcblondie I'm in sun valley about 5 minutes from you! You can have the kefir for free. Ive had an ad in kijiji but so far no one has called and i just end up tossing the extra's.

bcblondie's Avatar bcblondie 02:26 PM 10-10-2010
Oh cool! How do you want to do this? I could pick it up or we could meet somewhere, like KP mall. Whatever you want to do
Lia & Eva's Mama's Avatar Lia & Eva's Mama 12:36 AM 10-11-2010
We could meet at the play place in KP? I guess i'll bring the kefir in a jar. Do you know how to prepare it?

Ps. I grew up in Transcona went to Wayota, Murdoch and KE for Cosmotology.
bcblondie's Avatar bcblondie 01:43 AM 10-11-2010
I can probably just google how to prepare it, right?
Play place sounds good. Keeps DS busy if I get there first!

I actually grew up in BC and moved here when I was 18 I didn't go to school here at all but I lifeguarded at the YMCA in EK, and at almost all the city pools. lol. Maybe I've seen you there or taught your kids swimming lessons and we didn't even know it.
Lia & Eva's Mama's Avatar Lia & Eva's Mama 12:01 PM 10-11-2010
We live at the EK YMCA!! So for sure we must of seen each other.
And I hope it wasn't you who kicked us out of the seven oaks pool LOL That would be awkward.

i'll message you my number.
bcblondie's Avatar bcblondie 01:49 PM 10-11-2010
LOL 7 oaks was my home pool!! And North Centennial was our sister pool so I was mostly at those 2 pools. Oh and KP outdoor pool in the summer. I LOVE that pool. I love what they've done with the place now.

I only worked at the Y for one year though. Back in 05 while I was still just engaged. They don't pay well a the Y. lol.

I have kicked a lot of people out of seven oaks. Lol. What was the story? Maybe I'll remember. And how long ago? I quit summer of '08 while I was pregnant, and went on mat leave

This is too funny. lol.
kinzee's Avatar kinzee 12:03 AM 10-18-2010
Hi I'm another Winnipegger I don't post much but have lurked for the last couple of years.
bcblondie's Avatar bcblondie 12:36 AM 10-18-2010
Hi Kinzee!
heavensearth's Avatar heavensearth 11:29 PM 11-07-2010
Thought I would bump this up so other Manitoban's could join in
bcblondie's Avatar bcblondie 11:30 PM 11-07-2010
Yay manitoba!
ChaoticMum's Avatar ChaoticMum 10:11 AM 11-11-2010

I'm a  Manitoban! smile.gif not in the Peg tho - out in the boonies more Brandon type area.

JelloPanda's Avatar JelloPanda 05:22 PM 11-26-2010

I'M MANITOBAN!

Guaranteed there are no others from my city on here.

birthing_new_life's Avatar birthing_new_life 09:01 PM 12-01-2010

i'm a proud prairie girl m'self, but currently living in ontario. visit the motherland (wpg) as much as possible...in summertime. :)

bcblondie's Avatar bcblondie 09:03 PM 12-01-2010

Yeah. Stay away in winter. We've sure had a lot of snow this past 2 weeks!

sweetcheeks's Avatar sweetcheeks 08:24 PM 12-03-2010

I'm so over winter already! Thankfully today was warmer than the what it was earlier this week... but if this -20C w/-30C windchills crap keeps up, it's going to be a very looooooooooooooong winter. I'm just glad DS2 is able to get around in the snow and enjoy it this year instead of screaming at the top of his lungs every time he gets put in the snow.

bcblondie's Avatar bcblondie 08:31 PM 12-03-2010

Well I heard it was supposed to be a more mild winter... but with more snow than usual. I can handle that. Shovelling is good exercise and I hate the cold!

lash's Avatar lash 02:20 PM 12-07-2010

I just joined and noticed this thread.  From winnipeg too!  Nice to see some neighbours on here.

bcblondie's Avatar bcblondie 02:28 PM 12-07-2010

woooo party!!

curiouskitty's Avatar curiouskitty 12:47 PM 01-08-2011

I'm from Manitoba as well, in the Altona area.

@JelloPanda -- careful what you say!! i graduated from GVC.... :)

guitarmama80's Avatar guitarmama80 01:44 PM 01-08-2011

Hi! I'm from Wpg too! I haven't been on the site too much in the last year, but I've been hanging out for the last few weeks since I am now 9 days overdue and have lots of time on my hands! :)

bcblondie's Avatar bcblondie 01:47 PM 01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarmama80 View Post

Hi! I'm from Wpg too! I haven't been on the site too much in the last year, but I've been hanging out for the last few weeks since I am now 9 days overdue and have lots of time on my hands! :)

Hope baby comes soon. I dunno what that's like. My baby came 6 days early. Even though I fully expected to go late.

heavensearth's Avatar heavensearth 06:55 PM 01-28-2011

Nice to see so many new Manitobans here!

bcblondie's Avatar bcblondie 07:22 PM 01-28-2011

how you guys liking the latest huge dumping of snow?! I have a small yard but the mounds beside my paths are as tall as me. This stuff's gonna take til august to melt!

heavensearth's Avatar heavensearth 11:48 AM 01-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcblondie View Post

how you guys liking the latest huge dumping of snow?! I have a small yard but the mounds beside my paths are as tall as me. This stuff's gonna take til august to melt!

This snow is killing me! in my head spring was just around the corner and I was already planning the garden!  We have a small/medium yard that becomes a yard only for our dogs in the winter, so that's all good, but the snowbanks around our entrance and down our driveway are way taller than my 2 year old! they're probably about 5 feet high!

heavensearth's Avatar heavensearth 11:49 AM 01-29-2011
  •  bcblondie, I have a December 08 baby too! ♥

bcblondie's Avatar bcblondie 01:31 PM 01-29-2011

<3

erthe_mama's Avatar erthe_mama 02:24 PM 02-05-2011

Hey all! I'm from the 'Peg too!

For you pregnant mamas out there, I offer placenta encapsulation services! This could go for you wymyn who also still have a placenta in your freezer... Someone told me once that they encapsulated their placenta after it was in the freezer for five years, and it still worked wonders!

Also, like Lia_&_Eva's_Mama, I also would love to live off grid! We're thinking of moving out to the Grand Beach area, building a cob house, and buying a geo-dome greenhouse. :D Oh, and there must be goats!

bcblondie's Avatar bcblondie 02:25 PM 02-05-2011

That's good to know. I've debated doing that. :) ... If I can ever get pregnant again...

erthe_mama's Avatar erthe_mama 02:57 PM 02-05-2011

I sure hope so, bcblondie. :) If you're looking for help in that area, I can suggest some herbs/supplements for you. I also highly suggest going to Dr. Shaoli Shi (Traditional Chinese Medicine). She's a miracle worker!!

bcblondie's Avatar bcblondie 03:00 PM 02-05-2011

Thank you for teh tips. :) I'm on clomid now which has worked for me in the past, so. Just hoping that'll work again. If not I'll be willing to try other things. :) I very much like herbs. :) (helped me avoid need misoprostol after my missed miscarriage.)

1  2 3  4  ... Last

Up