Mothering Forum banner

Who's from Manitoba?

15K views 161 replies 31 participants last post by  plantbasedemma 
#1 ·
Am I the only winnipeg-er on this site?? There must be a pegger or 2 out there!!

See less See more
#30 ·
I'm in transcona near KP mall. Is that far from you? I am interested in the Kefir. Would you like anything for it?

#32 ·
Oh cool! How do you want to do this? I could pick it up or we could meet somewhere, like KP mall. Whatever you want to do

#34 ·
I can probably just google how to prepare it, right?
Play place sounds good. Keeps DS busy if I get there first!

I actually grew up in BC and moved here when I was 18
I didn't go to school here at all but I lifeguarded at the YMCA in EK, and at almost all the city pools. lol. Maybe I've seen you there or taught your kids swimming lessons and we didn't even know it.

#36 ·
LOL 7 oaks was my home pool!! And North Centennial was our sister pool so I was mostly at those 2 pools. Oh and KP outdoor pool in the summer. I LOVE that pool. I love what they've done with the place now.

I only worked at the Y for one year though. Back in 05 while I was still just engaged. They don't pay well a the Y. lol.

I have kicked a lot of people out of seven oaks. Lol. What was the story? Maybe I'll remember. And how long ago? I quit summer of '08 while I was pregnant, and went on mat leave

This is too funny. lol.

#44 ·
Yeah. Stay away in winter. We've sure had a lot of snow this past 2 weeks!

#45 ·
I'm so over winter already! Thankfully today was warmer than the what it was earlier this week... but if this -20C w/-30C windchills crap keeps up, it's going to be a very looooooooooooooong winter. I'm just glad DS2 is able to get around in the snow and enjoy it this year instead of screaming at the top of his lungs every time he gets put in the snow.

#46 ·
Well I heard it was supposed to be a more mild winter... but with more snow than usual. I can handle that. Shovelling is good exercise and I hate the cold!

#51 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarmama80 View Post

Hi! I'm from Wpg too! I haven't been on the site too much in the last year, but I've been hanging out for the last few weeks since I am now 9 days overdue and have lots of time on my hands! :)
Hope baby comes soon. I dunno what that's like. My baby came 6 days early. Even though I fully expected to go late.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.