Old Quebec? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-18-2010, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My husband and I are planning a family vacation for this year and he mentioned Quebec as an option. We would love to travel to Europe and visit one of those quaint medieval villages, but between the airfare, and the long flight with children, it's just not doable right now. We've heard that Old Quebec is as close to that as you can get in North America? Is this true?

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2010, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quebec City is wonderful and totally worth seeing! You will definitely get a taste of Europe and a great history lesson. It's very very touristy though (think medieval village crossed with Times Square). However, Quebec the province in general has a lot to offer if you were interested in a road trip and a little more variety. For a shorter trip (3-4 days), you could see Quebec City and the Eastern Townships, which are gorgeous. If you have more time (5-8 or more days), you could start in Montreal (which is both very modern and very old) and work your way east to the Saguenay or the even Bay of Fundy.

Where are you coming from? And when are you thinking of coming?

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We visited Montreal a couple years ago. I liked old montreal, but wasn't too enthused with the rest of it. It's a nice city but similar to most cities in the US. Old Montreal was nice (great food) but on the small side and touristy.

We were thinking of either august or possible late fall.

We love areas that are walkable and historic. I love the idea of being immersed in another culture. Is there anywhere similar to quebec city that is not so touristy? (in other words medieval village without the times square part)

We live in Florida, but we're planning to drive up to NJ to stay with relatives and then move on with our canada trip.

Thanks for all your help!

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

User Tag List