Hi From Maple Ridge - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-31-2010, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been here for two months now and I don't really know a soul. And thoes i have met seem a bit put off by my natural ways. I'm not really out there but i breastfed and yes still carry my 19 month old around I have AP parenting tendencies.

and well i'm shy so I tend to not really leave a lasting immpression.

But here i am I have two boys 3 1/2 and 1 1/2. Love to chat love to get together all can be good

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
#2 of 5 Old 05-31-2010, 08:30 PM

Hello Aliy, and welcome! You should join in the Vancouver-ish Tribe thread. That's where the action is! ;-)

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#3 of 5 Old 06-01-2010, 03:15 AM

Hi there... I am in Maple Ridge... my boys are quite a bit older than your kids but I know there are lots of other crunchy folks around these parts.. have you checke dout our local LLL meetings? or spark a conversation if you see another mama with a nice carrier... wish I could be more help... this area is somewhat rural (at least that's where lots of us crunchy folk live) and so its a bit harder to meet people... there's lots f awesome community stuff going on this summer though and that usually draws people out of hiding

Jen Wife to Jason and Mom to Cassidy 10y Malcolm8y & Lucas 5y
living in Canada and Costa Rica and slowly exploring the world
#4 of 5 Old 06-15-2010, 11:47 PM

Hi, I'm not in Maple Ridge, but there is the "crunchy" store The Birth Place that might be somewhere to find/connect with people. I see on their events calendar there is an attachment parenting seminar thing on the 28th.

Tjej
#5 of 5 Old 06-16-2010, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome... I looked at the vancouver tribal thread and it's so busy i can barely keep up. I'm planning on going to the next LLL meeting.

I'm also looking for homeschooling groups in the area casue i want to home school my kids but really i don't know much about the programs in the area.

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page