waldorf HSers in alberta? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-12-2010, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS is readsy to start a little preschool and i have googled alberta waldorf a million times without much luck...

im hoping to find a support group either locally (grande prairie) or online. I am also trying to figure out the "rules" for following certain currriculums etc. (dont need a curriculum yet but, need to start learning!) in this province.

if anyone wants to help i would really really appreciate it

TIA

erica.mommy to korbin (july 11/07) + taylor (june 21/09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-12-2010, 02:46 PM

Moved to FYT, Canada. I hope you find the information you need!

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#3 of 5 Old 11-09-2011, 11:16 PM

Hi there! I just moved to Grande Prairie Alberta from Ottawa Valley Ontario. I am a Waldorf Homeschooler! My oldest  is 6, and I am using the Christopherous curriculum grade 1. I also have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. If you are still interested, we could possibly organize some events/activities?

#4 of 5 Old 05-02-2013, 09:09 AM

I actually went to a Waldorf school in Ottawa and am so sad that there is no waldorf school here in Grande Prairie, nor any type of local waldorf/anthroposophical community.  I have been in Grande Prairie 8 years now. You can imagine my happiness to find that there is actually someone here who has even heard of Waldorf, let alone interested in it. I have felt so isolated when it came to a waldorf view of raising a child, as I now have a 16 month old.

#5 of 5 Old 12-16-2013, 09:18 PM

I've been  homeschooling for 13 years (my oldest is in grade 12!) BUT I finally followed my heart and bought Oak Meadow K for  my seventh child this fall - she is loving it, and it is slowing down  the frantic pace that seems to be set by her older siblings - making time for music and  movement, and being outside, and making crafts and drawings.  It has been such a long, deep breath in the middle of a pretty hectic season!  I would love to meet other  homeschoolers near Grande Prairie - we actually live on a farm near Grovedale - but we shop, dh works and we attend church inGP...

User Tag List