Any Montreal moms who meet up? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 10-31-2010, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there! I haven't been on MDC in a while, but Michelle told me about the babywearing meet-up so I came to check out the details. Does anyone know what parking is like near the YMCA? I'd be coming in from the south shore and that's what stops me from going to a lot of meet-ups! It's not so bad in the warmer months when I can park far and walk, but I want to bring all my carriers and it's not so nice out now. :/

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****
#32 of 48 Old 11-03-2010, 11:50 AM

hi all! i've just moved to montreal and would love to meet some moms and babies! i have a 10 month son and i want to get some play friends for him...and for me too! i live in cotes des neiges but i don't mind getting to wherever would be convenient. i'm happy to have coffee and snacks or go out for play in parks etc. thanks!
#33 of 48 Old 11-03-2010, 09:24 PM

Welcome to Montreal rlmum! I'm a new mama and am also looking for some mama friends! I'm hoping to meet up with another mama next week for a coffee somewhere,maybe you can join us? I'll send you a pm so you can e-mail or call me.

Sadly my cold got much worse and I had to miss the baby wearing group I'm really hoping to go to the next one on the 16th. Right Amy November 16th?
#34 of 48 Old 11-04-2010, 12:48 AM

rlmum, where are you in the city?

Yes, yes, our next BWing meet-up will be in two weeks, at YMCA du Parc. Nov 16 will be all about BWing in cold weather. A friend of mine will lend me her amautik (what the Inuit use to carry their babies out and about when it's -28C all the time) and there will be DIY coats to inspire your inner sewing maven.

SilverFish, when were you there? I have to agree that they have not really optimized the space. It's too cavernous for my liking... There's vast emptiness that I suspect doesn't bring positive FengShui. But I'm no expert on the subject.

If you like music and live not too far from McGill, the Allegra music ensemble will hold another Bach before Bedtime concert on Nov 18. Cost is $15 per family, and I think you can bring up to 4 kids. Refreshments are included, and the concerts are adapted to little people (dancing, percussion instruments for kids to use). They don't play only Bach. Schumann and Brahms have been on the program too! We've gone to at least 5 or 6 in the past, and the kids like it.

See http://www.allegrachambermusic.com/bach.htm for more info.

Sign hanging in Albert Einstein's office at Princeton: Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts.
#35 of 48 Old 11-04-2010, 10:54 AM

thx FelixMom and MamitaM! i feel less isolated already it gets tough when home all day, lol, i didn't realize how much i would miss adult conversation!!

i'm in cotes des neiges at van horne. i walked down to the du parc ymca yesterday to check it out, but it's the middle of sessions so i have to wait to register for next term. i forgot to check out the tasse cafe but plan to go there tomorrow to meet mums. and MamitaM i would love to get together, i can easily take the metro to verdun or wherever is convenient for you!

for anyone interested, i'd also like to start a group where we meet at each others houses and if all goes well we can take turns looking after the wee ones so mums can have an hour or two of down time (read a book, go to the spa, whatever!).
#36 of 48 Old 11-04-2010, 12:38 PM

Renne I'm hoping that with my fagebook group we can start to arrange childcare swaps sometimes with one another. That way we can all get free childcare with another mama that we've gained a nice trust with rather then to hire a babysitter.

7swans is my mama friend that I'm meeting with sometime this weekend if you want to join us. I sent you a message on facebook about when we could meet. Just give me a call and let me know.
#37 of 48 Old 11-29-2010, 10:08 PM

Hi Montreal Moms!

I am happy I found this thread.  Not only have I picked up some useful tips, I feel hopeful that I might be able to meet some like minded souls soon. I, like some other moms here, am new to Montreal.  Actually, I am not quite there yet.  I will be moving there with my husband and 16 month old daughter in February.   But I spend so much time researching the city and looking at real estate listings that I might as well be there!  

I am interested in many of the neighborhoods already mentioned, NDG, Cote-Des-Neiges, Outremont, Plateu, Villeray, and Rosemont.  My husband will be working in a company located not far from the airport, and we don’t want him to have too long of a commute. But we prefer pedestrian friendly neighborhoods over the suburbs located close to his work.  My husband and I are both originally from Spain, but have been in the United States for quite some time.  We look forward to being in a city that brings together the flavors of both North America and Europe.  We have a bilingual household (Spanish-English), and I am a little bit weary about introducing a third (French). I guess I am mostly concerned for myself, since my husband knows it pretty well, and my daughter will probably pick it up easily in school when she gets older.

Just a couple of questions.  1.) Are there any indoor play spaces for the cold winter months?  2.)  I am interested in the Waldorf school in NDG, any other interesting schools worth knowing about?  

Peace,

Veronica

#38 of 48 Old 11-30-2010, 08:01 AM

Hey all,

Melons and Clementines are showing the movie "babies"  this friday at 2pm. I suspect we won't really be watching, but it's a nice excuse to all get together and let the babies roam around! melons is on sherbrooke between oxford and harvard streets. i'm rachel, if anyone wants to stop by. hope to see you there!

#39 of 48 Old 01-08-2011, 04:52 PM

Happy to find some other mommies in Montreal!!!  We just moved to Westmount from Dallas, Texas.  My daughter is 18 months old and I'm 24 weeks pregnant (due in April 2011).  I'm so happy to find other mommies who feel the same way I do about motherhood :).

I look forward to getting to know you!!

Jennifer

#40 of 48 Old 06-02-2011, 10:55 AM

I was born in Montreal but I grew up in Vancouver.. WOAH! Living here is NOT the same as visiting.... I'm here with my husband and 2 boys, aged 7 and 2 since February ( my mom had a heart attack) and are feeling isolated, lonely and depressed in Verdun ;) We are looking for like minded people ((us: bohemian/indigeneous/tree hugging types who co sleep with their kids, eat good food and enjoy building/playing with dirt/music)) with kids around the same age group for connectivity and fun at the park, pool or nature's playground.

#41 of 48 Old 06-09-2011, 10:45 PM

We have our last babywearing meeting before summer this coming Tuesday, June 14 if anybody out there wants to come.

We will be meeting at YMCA du Parc (5550 av du Parc) from 10h to 11h30 in room 2B on the second floor.

Hope to see you there!

Sign hanging in Albert Einstein's office at Princeton: Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts.
#42 of 48 Old 06-15-2011, 08:15 PM

Hi Montreal Moms!

I am also from Montreal and have an 11 month old son! I would love to connect with moms who are like minded, whether in a bigger group or just for coffee.  I live a little far from those of you who have already posted on the far far west end of the island!

If anyone is interested let me know :-)

#43 of 48 Old 07-01-2011, 01:09 PM

I just moved here, too (from Vancouver) and left all my AP mamas behind! I'd love to meet other AP, etc. moms and babies here. Will be on the lookout for any meet ups!

mama to my girl (b. oct. 2010), cding, cosleeping, babywearing, trying to ec.
#44 of 48 Old 08-23-2011, 07:50 PM

Hi all,

Just wanted to mention that my next babywearing meet-up will be on Tuesday Sept 20 at the YMCA du Parc (corner St-Viateur) from 10h to 11h30 in room 2B. Bring a friend, bring your baby and bring your carrier.

Would be lovely to meet some of you IRL.

#45 of 48 Old 08-27-2011, 07:31 PM

Hi everyone, I'm from Montreal too!

My little one is still too young to attend school, but since I was on the forum here, I was wondering if any mom from Montreal had any experience sending their kid to a Montessori school?

#46 of 48 Old 09-05-2011, 03:35 PM

Temporarily living in Montreal for a few months. I have 2 kids (4.5 & almost 2) and would love to hook up or even get ideas for things to do in Mile End/Outremont with them. I'm going stir crazy and feeling lonely - I too left all my amazing mama's behind. 

#47 of 48 Old 09-05-2011, 03:56 PM

Temporarily living in Montreal for a few months. I have 2 kids (4.5 & almost 2) and would love to hook up or even get ideas for things to do in Mile End/Outremont with them. I'm going stir crazy and feeling lonely - I too left all my amazing mama's behind. 

#48 of 48 Old 02-14-2012, 02:45 PM

Hi!

This is very funny ;) I came on here to look up Montreal moms- and what did I find? A post from ME from a couple years ago- the last time we were considering the move to Montreal! I don't remember ever knowing about these replies to my inquiries! I must not have checked again because the move fell through. Now the move is back on- Crazy to come on here to ask a question I asked years ago!

So again! I'm moving to Montreal in a few months! Hopefully some of you are meeting up still and I can meet you :)
Shayna

Thank you to all who replied to me!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page