Hamilton, Ontario Mamas?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 11-25-2010, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello,

I am new to Hamilton and would love to meet some like-minded parents and kids!  Introduce yourselves please!  And please fill me in on what a newcomer needs to know!

A bit about me:  I am a single mom and currently home with my high energy little boy who is 22 months old. 

Also, I would really love to find someone to do a childcare trade with, just once a month to give myself some free time!  So if you are interested or know someone who is please let me know!

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#2 of 12 Old 11-25-2010, 02:39 PM

hi mama! i was just reading your other thread, but didn't type anything, because i don't have the experience with a toddler. i am in burlington-pretty close to hamilton. i have a 6 month old son. i'm american and we're here on a work permit (our second)-working on applying for permanent residency. i lived in burlington before in 2008 for 6 months, but really didn't get out much even then without a baby!

a little about me: i'm 24, married-we're a one car family and hubby takes it to work so getting together might be tougher than it could be if we wanted to meet up. i'd love to get to know you and try to get together!

Jessicaintactlact.gif, wife to Derricklurk.gif, missing Joslyn angel3.gif, 22 weeks 06.18.08, rainbow1284.gifBaby Kai Ambrose 05.10.10 and Isla Blythe born on Thanksgiving '12 uc.jpg

#3 of 12 Old 12-01-2010, 08:03 PM

hiya - i'm in hamilton too. a great place to meet other mamas are at the ontario early years centres. i have a 11.5 month old baby and am returning to work in a few weeks...but i'd love to chat!

#4 of 12 Old 12-04-2010, 07:23 PM

gillian are you checking this thread still? birthing_new_life-maybe we could get to know eachother? i would love to meet some mamas close to me. i'm only 10-15 mins away! :) my hubby takes the car to work, but i know i could find time to meet up.

Jessicaintactlact.gif, wife to Derricklurk.gif, missing Joslyn angel3.gif, 22 weeks 06.18.08, rainbow1284.gifBaby Kai Ambrose 05.10.10 and Isla Blythe born on Thanksgiving '12 uc.jpg

#5 of 12 Old 12-05-2010, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Hi sorry I forgot to check back here!!

I am going to try the eyc tomorrow and see if they have any toddler programs.  I've also joined the y and have been going there a lot to keep myself busy!

I was also thinking about going to a LLL meeting.  But haven't made it there yet.

Anyway, I would love to meet up with you ladies!!  Any ideas of when/where would be good? 

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#6 of 12 Old 12-21-2010, 03:30 PM

Hi!

I'm in Burlington too.  Single mom to a chatty 3 1/2 year old boy.

Time is tight for me (work + part-time SAHM + school), but would love to try to meet up with all of you sometime!

#7 of 12 Old 12-29-2010, 08:56 AM

Hi mamas! I'm in Hamilton too. Gillian, welcome! I go to the morning LLL group. It meets downtown by Victoria Park. I think its the third or fourth Thursday of the month -- msg me if you want more details. Great group (lots of crunchy mamas). I've also found Social Mamas (www.socialmamas.com) to be a great group of really positive, down-to-earth women. 

#8 of 12 Old 02-09-2011, 02:34 PM

I'm in hamilton. I don't have a babe in arms YET...due in october:) I have a 7 and 8 year old, so I feel a little like a first time mom again. I gave away most of my baby stuff years ago! -and there's so much more info out there than there was 7 yrs ago. I'm really excited though:)

Mama to Reuben (8) and Zeke (7)fencing.gif and baby girl, Lötte babyf.gif
Illustrator/designer of children's media and rubber stamps.  blogging.jpg

#9 of 12 Old 03-02-2011, 06:09 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hello there Hamilton mamas, I'm living in Dundas, just a few minutes away. I have a 3 year old girl and a 4month old baby boy. I've been in Canada nearly 5 years after moving from UK and love it. Just joined here so wanted to say hi :) Finally got to a LLL meeting recently and found it really helpful and encouraging. Think I met you there Tamara?!

Lottie :)

#10 of 12 Old 03-02-2011, 06:13 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi there: Just wanted to say hi. I am not from Hamilton, but my mother and grandmother grew up there until they moved to the US before I was born. I love it there.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#11 of 12 Old 03-02-2011, 12:19 PM

Tamara, I'd like info on the LLL as well! I'd like to be a little more prepared this time.

You wouldn't happen to be the daisy days tamara would you? :) I live across the street from little bird.

Mama to Reuben (8) and Zeke (7)fencing.gif and baby girl, Lötte babyf.gif
Illustrator/designer of children's media and rubber stamps.  blogging.jpg

#12 of 12 Old 03-03-2011, 09:53 AM

Hi, everyone! I'm also in Hamilton. I have a 27 month old, an almost 6 year old, and a teenager. Tamara and I organize the Hamilton Babywearers as well, which is a nice way for mammas of babies through preschoolers to get out and meet others interested in babywearing and socialize a bit, if babywearing is an interest. I second the comment about the OEYCs. They're a great resource.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page