English or bilingual preschools in Montreal/Laval area - moving from LA - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-01-2011, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, I am new to this forum. I am a Japanese-American mommy of a 3 1/2 yr old boy and will be moving to Montreal in May/June from Los Angeles. My fiancee is from Montreal and works in St. Jerome so we're looking into areas such as DDO or Laval.(somewhere commutable for him)

I'm looking for English or bilingual preschool for my son who will be 4 come Fall. Does anyone know a good preschool in DDO or surround areas that may have an opening for a 4 yr old? If possible, I would like to start him from the summer, so we won't be stuck without school for several months after we move in the spring. 

I know he will not have any problem learning French eventually but I wanted his first year transition in Montreal to be more English, so he can start making new friends. 

Also, if there are any English/French speaking moms of preschoolers out there, I would love to meet up. We'll be new to the city and other than my fiancee, don't know anyone. My fiancee doesn't really know anyone with young children who speak English. 

Thank you in advance! joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-03-2011, 07:07 PM

Hi and welcome to Montreal! I have 5 month old son and we'd love to meet for play dates sometimes if you like when you arrive. I do have a couple of friends with kids closer to your sons age. that I can ask about pre schools and also play dates. Let me know if I can help you with anything else in Montreal. I moved here myself on my own a few years ago and some things were a little confusing.
#3 of 5 Old 03-06-2011, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply MamitaM! Would love to meet you once we are there. 

My fiancee got a place in DDO so now we've got an area locked in. He called around a few schools in the area and will be checking them out in coming weeks. Please let me know if you know of any good preschools around DDO or commutable areas (within 15 min drive?)

I am just going by the area so I have no idea if any of these schools will be a good fit for my son. 

Thank you! 

#4 of 5 Old 03-24-2011, 08:44 AM

Hi Mama!

I'm in Montreal and have a son the same age as your ds (as well as an older dd)  :)  I'd be available to hook up for a hang sometime if you like - just pm me. 

As for preschools, I'm sorry I don't know any in your area (I live in the Petite Patrie - near Mile End and Little Italy).

Kate, mom to 7 year old Djuna and 4 yr old Alden. Missing our good friend Hal the cat who died June 2, 2010

#5 of 5 Old 03-26-2011, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Kate! Would love to meet up with you and your son. We want to make friends fast so my son doesn't feel lonely in a new town. 

Am excited to explore the beautiful city with my son too!

:)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page