Sources for raw milk in Manitoba? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-22-2011, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there fellow MB mamas!

Do you know of any good sources for raw milk and other dairy products in Manitoba? Especially near the south end of WInnipeg.

Wendy (26), married to my sweetheart since 2007. Mommy to Caroline, born Boxing Day 2010 by beautiful home water birth h20homebirth.gif  intactlact.gif

#2 of 4 Old 06-23-2011, 12:57 PM

Hi Wendy
Well I'm a MB dad not a mom (4 girls!) but thought I'd reply to your message anyway. :)

I've been looking for Winnipeg sources as well, but I don't think there are any dairy farmers selling raw milk in Manitoba. I would love to join a Manitoba-based cow-share program if there was one.

I've heard that it is legal to sell unpasteurized cheese in Canada as long as it's been aged a certain amount (60 or 90 days?) so you may be able to find that. Frig's Natural Meats website says they sell unpasteurized cheese.

I've heard that there are lots of Manitobans driving down south and purchasing raw milk in Minnesota. You can apparently bring back $20/person worth of raw milk for personal use, without incurring any duty/tax. Minnesota based raw milk suppliers can be found here: http://realmilk.com/where3.html#mn  (but I haven't called any yet). There are also a couple North Dakota ones listed.

Finally, there are other dairy farms in Canada that will let you join a cow-share program and ship the milk all the way to Manitoba. In fact I found one in BC that apparently does already ship to someone else in Winnipeg!! http://www.wildthingorganics.com/  I emailed the owner and am considering potentially joining the program ... but it's fairly expensive and I haven't made up my mind yet. (It's possible some Ontario-based farms might also ship their milk.)

Let me know your thoughts, and what you've found in your search. If you're interested I can provide my email address, there might be ways to help each other out.

Cheers
Mike

erthe_mama likes this.
#3 of 4 Old 07-24-2012, 07:47 AM

Just wondering if anyone has found any sources yet for organic grass-fed raw milk or raw cheese? I'm moving from B.C. to Manitoba and trying to get that sorted out if i can or organize a way to get it from here to Mb. Thanks.

#4 of 4 Old 03-07-2013, 04:04 PM

Anyone found any hook ups for cowshare in manitoba? or any cowshare that sends produce to winnipeg?

thanks

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page