Mothering Forum banner

Halloween 2011

578 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Petronella 
#1 ·
Hey guys, not sure where to post this so if the mods need to move it np.

October 31st falls on a Monday this year and I'm just wondering when the kids would be trick-or-treating? I know it's a ways away but it's a matter of scheduling ahead with my ds' father (it's my year to take our son trick-or-treating and my ex typically has him on weekends). Would it be Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

Thanks for any help!!

#3 ·
In our town, when the date falls that close to the weekend, they usually Trick or Treat on Saturday night. If a local church is having a fall festival over the weekend, they will go to that as well as Trick or Treat in our neighborhood.

I wish somebody would come up with a "rule of thumb" because every year, we have to do a lot of calling around to be sure when to do what!

#4 ·
Thanks, that's what some of my friends have said also. I seemed to remember as a kid that we would always go on the weekend closest to the date. Or maybe it's because we usually took the day after off from school because of belly aches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhada View Post

Whatever day October 31st falls on is the day kids go trick or treating.

#5 ·
I remember trick or treating on school nights. In fact, my school used to have a Halloween parade and we would all get dressed up and then my mom would pick me up after school and I'd go out trick or treating (which usually required her to leave work early). Since we don't have any kids trick or treating age, we stay home and give out candy. I don't know what I'd do if a kid came on a day that wasn't October 31st. I'd be totally unprepared. lol. I guess in smaller communities, parents can coordinate those kinds of things, but I live in a city.

#6 ·
I'm in Vancouver and have always trick or treated on Oct 31, no matter what the day. But Halloween parties would be on the weekend before the 31st. Thats how it was when I was growing up and that is what it's like present day as far as I know.

#7 ·
I've lived in Vancouver for many, many years and I've never heard of kids trick-or-treating any night but Oct.31st. Of course some playgroups or churches may have events on the weekend before; but the door-to-door stuff, you can be 99.9999% sure that it will happen on the Monday night, and plan your schedule accordingly,
smile.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.