Student Doula in Ontario Available Now - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-08-2011, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello,  

I'm in training as a DONA-certified doula, and I'm looking for my certification births.

In the practicum portion of my training program, as a doula student I am able to offer my services as student labour doulas to three pregnant women for free for a limited time.

If you know of anyone who could benefit from the assistance of a doula for their upcoming labour, please pass on this information or feel free to comment on this thread.

Name: Azure

Phone: 905-233-4931

Email: acampb374@acn.net

Locations in Ontario Served: Durham, GTA & Tri-Cities

The purpose of this free service is two-fold. First, it is our hope that pregnant women who could not otherwise afford to employ a doula for their birth will, with this service, be able to have a doula help them as they go through the pregnancy and birth process. Second, it allows me as a labor doula students an avenue in which to acquire the birth experience Ineed to be certified as labor doulas through DONA.

More About Me
I am a student doula working towards certification with DONA International, a mom to 2 beautiful little ones. As part of my certification I am blessed to be required to share continuous care for women during childbirth with 3 women.

I believe birth is just one of the most phenomenal, life changing experiences you could possibly ever have and my philosophy is to help women become as informed as they would like to be so they can make the best choices for them. I believe in woman-centred, evidence based care and will do my best at all time to ensure you are provided with the best care possible.

I really look at the service a doula provides, the highest honour and priviledge and so if you are interested in having a student doula it is always under the agreement that if at anytime for whatever reason you decide you no longer wish to have a student doula that will be completely respected and is of course your decision to make.

Birth Doula Package Includes:

• 2 prenatal visits (approx 2 hrs in length)
  • 24 hour on-call care
  • Library of books, videos and birth tools for your use
  • Full attendance of your labour and delivery
  • 1 postpartum visit (approx 2 hrs in length)
#2 of 2 Old 09-09-2011, 08:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

are you still available? would you travel to london?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page