URGENT: Need Mumps ONLY vaccine in Vancouver and area x-posted in Vaccine Forum - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-17-2011, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey Mods....I know this is in another forum...but I REALLY need many eyes on this issue...I hope this is ok.

Hey Amazing and Knowledgeable people,

I a midwifery student and I MUST have the MMR to participate in all school activities. I checked my titres and I'm positive for Rubella and Measles but I'm negative for mumps. I need just the mumps vaccine. I tried to get MMR but they won't give it to me because I'm still breastfeeding and my DS can contract rubella from my breastmilk....He doesn't have his MMR yet...I was waiting until he was 1.5 yrs. I am not ready to ween.

I've been calling around everywhere....I'm willing to travel....does anyone know where in the Vancouver, BC area where I can get JUST the mumps vaccine?

I'm desperate here.

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-17-2011, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think it's available in Canada. Maybe somewhere that does travel vaccines would know. You may want to check into going across the border to get it, I think it is available in the USA, although you would have to pay and I have no idea what that costs.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page