Toronto and Trying to Conceive?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-29-2012, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone else here trying to conceive and living in Toronto?

I'm living in the Bay/Bloor area.   My husband and I have a 4yr old DD and we have been trying for #2 for two years.  We have completed 3 IUI.  #1 was a success, but as luck would have it...it was an ectopic and I lost my L tube.  #2 attempt, was a chemical pregnancy and the last and final attempt ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks.  So we are now moving on to IVF as suggested by our RE.  Why me?

Anyone going through the same?  I feel so alone.  My friends and family are not aware of the issues my husband and I are having and ask why we don't make our DD a big sister!!  Arggghh!!  I could scream!!  Those that do, all ask "why is this happening?" since our DD was born naturally.  I know they don't mean any harm in asking, but it makes me feel like I have done something awful to cause this. Have I?  I really hope the IVF method works for us?  Has anyone gone through this?

Anyways.... that's my story. 

#2 of 2 Old 04-23-2012, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

First of all big hugs - it is a hard thing you are going through!

I had my DD very easily, then had two ectopic pregnancies (and lost a tube) before having my son (also naturally). It was a long process to get there though. Here is what worked for us...

1) Exercise - I did more yoga, especially poses that brought blood flow into the uterus

2) Acupuncture - weekly! This really helped a lot with my own anxiety but also preparing for conception (we did this for a year)

3) Changing my diet - I used the book "Fertile Kitchen" but essentially removed wheat, sugar and dairy (which are known to make the mucous in the fallopian tubes thicker...which could increase the risk of ectopics)

4) Meditation - I used a program by Circle + Bloom (by chance right now it is national infertility awareness week and all of there stuff is 35% off, so says the e-mail I got yesterday). It helped me with my mindset when it came to pregnancy.

Those are the main changes I made...

There is an infertility support group that runs out of women's college you may want to check out to find some support in real life too if you like. It is hard, especially after already having had one child!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page