Are there different types of midwives in Canada? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2012, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter
StudyingStones's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I know in the states there are different kinds of midwives, direct entry, CNM, CPM, and maybe some others.

How does it work in Canada? Is there just one level? I know they fall under the Canadian Association of Midwives. What credentials should I look for?


Just me and DS.
StudyingStones is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Lidamama84's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

In Ontario, midwives are regulated by the College of Midwives of Ontario. They must complete a 4 year university degree. Here is a link for you to check out:



Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
Lidamama84 is offline  
User Tag List

Thread Tools

Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off