Halifax Knitting Mamas!! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 2034 Old 10-04-2005, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lesley...it's official...welcome to the club darlin', you're a YARN HO!! Feels good doesn't it?

And Alison, I know what you mean about those pants....People always comment on Mika's, but usually add...I can't believe you let him wear them outside (huh?)....I think they mean they're too cute to get dirty, or something like that. Usually they say it as Mika is rolling around on the hillside over at the public gardens! I just take it in stride that I have to pick sticks, and gravel and dirt wads out of them at the end of the day
#362 of 2034 Old 10-04-2005, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesley&grace
Oh, and does anyone have objections to chocolate chip cookies thursday? I have an urge to bake.
I don't think anyone is going to complain if you want to make cookies! :LOL

Tamara , WAHM to Rayne (03/05) and Aurora (05/08).
#363 of 2034 Old 10-06-2005, 09:48 AM

I won't be making it today guys, even though you changed the day for me and everything! I've come down with another cold, before I even got over the first one, and I just don't have the energy, especially considering that I have to work until 9, so I'm going to try and sleep this morning until I have to go to work. Plus, you don't want me to cough all over you either!

Happy Knitting

Alison
#364 of 2034 Old 10-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Banned

Oh, poor Alison! Hopefully you'll feel better soon, I've heard that the current bug going around are pretty nasty, my Mom got it and she called in sick. Mom doesn't call in sick unless her head is on her lap, so it must be rotten! We missed you, get well soon!

Speaking of missing people, Vanessa how are you?? How's the new job? How's the scarf project you were planning? Chat soon, I hope!
#365 of 2034 Old 10-06-2005, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Alison. Hope you get better soon!

#366 of 2034 Old 10-08-2005, 12:38 PM

Staying home sick from work today! Hoping I feel better by Monday! Just about to start the second leg of the red longies I've been working on forever!

Alison
#367 of 2034 Old 10-11-2005, 05:09 PM

#368 of 2034 Old 10-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison
:
#369 of 2034 Old 10-11-2005, 09:53 PM

Hee! Or she could just do what I do...hide your stash around the house. Insulates, and prevents DH from knowing exactly how much yarn I really do have.
#370 of 2034 Old 10-12-2005, 06:54 AM

Quote:
We went to the minature trains today, and I knit on the drive up and knit on the drive down! I've found new knitting time, I never thought to knit when I was in the car before! Of course, usually I'm driving, so can't knit.

Alison
I used to knit allover southern africa! trevor (who's a 'terrible passenger' ) drives. no wonder i used to get so muchmore knitting done! o yeah, and having no baby... :LOL
#371 of 2034 Old 10-12-2005, 07:36 AM

Quote:
I've come down with another cold, before I even got over the first one,
Alison
Hve you tried cold fx, alison? i took it all last winter when dad was in hospital, and didn't even git a sniffle. it really works well!
#372 of 2034 Old 10-12-2005, 08:19 AM

OSCILLICOCSINUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or however you spell it......go to Great Ocean and get yourself some! It is the BEST way to nip a cold or flu in the bud right as it gets started...doesn't work so well if the symptoms are old though This stuff has saved me countless times
#373 of 2034 Old 10-13-2005, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeaufoy
OSCILLICOCSINUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or however you spell it......go to Great Ocean and get yourself some! It is the BEST way to nip a cold or flu in the bud right as it gets started...doesn't work so well if the symptoms are old though This stuff has saved me countless times
Symptoms are old! Any other suggestions for getting rid off colds, as opposed to nipping them in the bud?

Coming to knitting today, but I don't have a project, I finished the red pants! I'll have to bring that sock I started last year!

Alison
#374 of 2034 Old 10-13-2005, 01:01 PM

Hey Lesley...not that you need another project to work on, but I found that hooded towel pattern I mentioned. I'll show it to you next week if you want. Basically, you knit a big square, and then knit a triangle that you then sew into one of the corners of the big square and that makes the hood! :LOL Clear as mud I"m sure The pattern they use is pretty though.

Nice to spend time with everyone today, even if I didn't knit a stitch
#375 of 2034 Old 10-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeaufoy
Hey Lesley...not that you need another project to work on, but I found that hooded towel pattern I mentioned. I'll show it to you next week if you want. Basically, you knit a big square, and then knit a triangle that you then sew into one of the corners of the big square and that makes the hood! :LOL Clear as mud I"m sure The pattern they use is pretty though.

Nice to spend time with everyone today, even if I didn't knit a stitch
No, I can visualize it....
Apparently I have lost the ability to knit in the round without twisting stuff up. Am on attempt #2 of Rachel's soaker, seems to be working now though. Grr. I'll have to remaster it!!!

And I apologize to Alison and Robyn. I lure you here with promises of soup, then I forget to offer you soup!! Guess I'm not as on the ball as I thought...come over anytime for soup!
#376 of 2034 Old 10-20-2005, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Hope everyone had fun today!! We will be there next week, when everything has calmed down a bit for me.

#377 of 2034 Old 10-22-2005, 05:23 PM

Hello!

I just found out that my sister is 8 weeks pregnant I want to attempt to knit her a baby blanket and found a pattern in the S&B that looked quite easy. It calls for circular kneedles??? I thought you only used the circular kneedles for mittens, sweater necks etc. Can someone with the S&B please look at the pattern for me and explain the circular kneedle thing . I was going to go to Tangled Skeins for the wool etc. Where exactly are they on Portland Street?

Thanks! Miss everyone but I LOVE my job
#378 of 2034 Old 10-22-2005, 07:08 PM

I knit EVERYTHING on circular needles, not just tubey thingies.......circulars are lighter, easier on my wrists, and you don't have to worry about poking anyones eyes out I don't have S&B so I can't explain what they have written......Alison??? Lesley??

TSkeins is down on the bottom (near the corner of Victoria) of Portland....away from the water........does that make sense? It's next to a Tatoo parlour.

R
#379 of 2034 Old 10-22-2005, 11:14 PM

Guess I'll book my "I Love Mom" tatoo for the same day
#380 of 2034 Old 10-23-2005, 08:35 AM

I was thinking about getting a skull and crossbones...except I would use knitting needles as the crossbones
#381 of 2034 Old 10-23-2005, 01:28 PM

Vanessa, you can knit back and forth on circulars just like you would on straights, imagine the ends as two straight needles and just try to forget they're joined, then go ahead as you would with straights. It's easier on your wrists, because you don't have the weight of the blanket all hanging down on one side. Plus it's easier to carry around as well. Blankets are actually very easy, if you run into trouble, let me know, I can check the pattern in my S&B and see what I can figure out.

Alison
#382 of 2034 Old 10-26-2005, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Arggg! I don't think I'll be at knitting tomorow. I hope you all have fun.

Alison, I'll have to get the carseat from you another time.
#383 of 2034 Old 10-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelsmama
Arggg! I don't think I'll be at knitting tomorow. I hope you all have fun.

Alison, I'll have to get the carseat from you another time.
That's too bad, we'll miss you!

Just so everyone knows now, Nov 10, not this next thursday but the one after, Grace has a doctor's appointment at 9:30, so we won't be able to host knitting. I am going to try and move her appointment to an earlier date because I have a few concerns that I don't want to wait to address, but it's not likely that I'll be able to. I'll let you know if I am able to change it, but as it stands now I'm not able to do it.
#384 of 2034 Old 10-30-2005, 04:48 PM

I don't think I'm going to make it on the 3rd, I'm getting my hair cut (I haven't had my hair cut since just before my hairdresser went on mat leave in April!). I can host here on the 10th if Grace still has her doctor's appointment!

Alison
#385 of 2034 Old 11-02-2005, 10:10 PM
Banned

We had Grace's appointment tonight instead of next week, so we can host knitting after all. Grace's dress is coming along, but it just feels like it is taking forever!!
See some of you tomorrow!
#386 of 2034 Old 11-03-2005, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I'm that I'm missing knitting today but because it's for a client with a 7 week old baby that is thinking of trying cloth. It seems like forever since I've been knitting! I told you all it would take me weeks just to get through my one pair of pants! : I am loving making them, it's just finding the time. Hopefully things will calm down after this weekend and I'll be there next week. Have fun everyone!

#387 of 2034 Old 11-06-2005, 10:57 AM

If anyone is looking for cheap and apparently lovely merino, I just posted something in the Yarn Crafts section about some available on eBay for REALLY cheap. Just the way I like my yarn.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=366294
#388 of 2034 Old 11-06-2005, 11:58 AM

Deb, I'm certain that's a typo--that price is the price for one skein, in every other listing! Anyway, I ordered some as well, cause it looks quite lovely! I think that they have to honour it, don't they?

Alison
#389 of 2034 Old 11-07-2005, 01:17 AM
Banned

Well, mistake or just a sale, the yarns are now $21+ USD. I missed it because I didn't feel right just using Phil's credit card to buy myself some beautiful wool. I was going to buy the lovely blue.
I can't talk about it anymore
#390 of 2034 Old 11-07-2005, 01:27 AM

Which one, the Sky or the Aurora? If everything pans out and the seller decides to honour the sales, I should have more than enough on my hands that I'd be willing to part with. I...uh...seem to lack a certain resolve when it comes to buying wool.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page