Homebirth midwife who accepts Medicaid - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-25-2008, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm wondering if such a person even exists. The more I read, the more I find out that Medicaid won't cover midwifery care outside of a hospital, but others tell me to keep looking around. Does anyone know any midwife who may accept Medicaid that does home births? I've been in kind of a slump about this as my situation is not very great (the only thing I look forward to is my little daughter) and I don't see a way I'll be able to cover a home birth by myself...and hospitals terrify me, so I want to avoid them at all costs! Thanks

*****I just wanted to update this for anyone looking for similar information.

Thank you, inaweofmommyhood, for giving me Dinah Waranch's name, as I spoke to her and she informed me that there are only 3 midwives in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that happen to accept Medicaid for home birth services. She *is* one of them. She also gave me Jean Sala's name at the Inanna Birth Center. I'm not sure who the third one is, but she was located somewhere to the south of Dallas, which was a bit too far for me so I didn't have any further inquiries.

I hope this was beneficial for someone else as well.*****
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2008, 08:26 PM

If there are any birth centers in your area you might check that, too. I know in Houston there is at least one that accepts Medicaid. Good luck!

Mama to two beautiful sons Wife to DH
Old 11-26-2008, 09:14 PM

You would need to look for a CNM that does homebirths. Medicaid won't pay LM or CPMs.

Comforts of Home Midwifery

Old 11-27-2008, 12:46 AM

Call Dinah Waranch -CNM - 214-366-3579

www.dallasmidwife.com

Or Tina Rowe, CPM heavenlyhandsrockwall.com
Old 01-26-2009, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeasa View Post
I'm wondering if such a person even exists. The more I read, the more I find out that Medicaid won't cover midwifery care outside of a hospital, but others tell me to keep looking around. Does anyone know any midwife who may accept Medicaid that does home births? I've been in kind of a slump about this as my situation is not very great (the only thing I look forward to is my little daughter) and I don't see a way I'll be able to cover a home birth by myself...and hospitals terrify me, so I want to avoid them at all costs! Thanks

*****I just wanted to update this for anyone looking for similar information.

Thank you, inaweofmommyhood, for giving me Dinah Waranch's name, as I spoke to her and she informed me that there are only 3 midwives in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that happen to accept Medicaid for home birth services. She *is* one of them. She also gave me Jean Sala's name at the Inanna Birth Center. I'm not sure who the third one is, but she was located somewhere to the south of Dallas, which was a bit too far for me so I didn't have any further inquiries.

I hope this was beneficial for someone else as well.*****
Thank you for starting this thread! And for it being a recent one, lol. I am likely going to have to be on Medicaid for at least a little bit of this pregnancy, before DH's health insurance starts up in April, and it was comforting to know that I could possibly have a homebirth on it.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:45 AM

I used Dinah for my home birth. She is AWESOME! I still see her for my well woman checks. When I had my HB, Medicaid covered everything except the HB charges. If birthed at the clinic everything was completely covered. I think it was totally worth the extra $$ to be at home. I think it was $600 to bring Dinah to our home.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:08 PM

I am using innana births center

User Tag List