Alpine, TX? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-29-2008, 02:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Are there any mamas here from Alpine, Texas? If so, what's it like? How's the culture, education, AP community, etc?
Thanks!

Mom &  RN   intactivist.gif
Pardon the typos - CWOK (cat walking on keyboard)   signcirc1.gif

#2 of 2 Old 12-09-2008, 04:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just thought I'd respond since no one else had. Alpine is kinda a neat little college town in the middle of nowhere in a desert. Last time I visited was several years ago (before I had kids, so at least four) and it was very small. It is home to Sul Ross University. A school I once considered going to. There is a large Hispanic population, and a large seasonal population of college aged kids. There wasn't much in the way of fast food last I visited (there was a Sonic, but don't remember much else), or night life. But the town was also in the middle of a big construction boom, so I have no idea what is there now. It is def. a neat little place. Close enough to Big Bend National Park you can take weekend camping trips there. Its pretty close to the border with Mexico, but still a few hours away (I think...). Thats about all I remember from my time spent there. I didn't have kids when I used to visit, so not sure if there are many AP parents there or not. I don't remember seeing lots of young families there though...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page