RED or GREEN? - December in Albuquerque - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 218 Old 12-19-2008, 04:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Um, well here it is midnight and I am just packing boxes to mail tomorrow. If its okay with everyone I will take Eman up on her offer just in case my kiddos dont make it. We may still come if that is okay but we have to survive the post office at noon because I have to take kittens to vet at 930 then L to tutoring at 1030.

ASF- I am also deficeint in Vit D, testosterone, DHEA and progesterone. He will give you some cream to use. I forget to use it most days. How we can be low in vit D in New Mexico is beyond me tho'

I will check in the morning. What time Eman?

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
#122 of 218 Old 12-19-2008, 10:47 AM

How about 12ish.

Am I the only one that keeps normal hours and sleeps when it's dark?

COMommy yuck they always like to keep you on your toes.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#123 of 218 Old 12-19-2008, 12:29 PM

Be there at 12 then.

ASF, I'll bring the red diaper.

COMommy, yuck.

Mama of three.

#124 of 218 Old 12-19-2008, 01:06 PM

I think we are going to make it. Call me and I can pick up pizza or snacks at Dions or Trader Joes after tutoring.

I will give C some decongestant so she isn't leaky.

Dh got a small bonus today with his regular pay. After I pay off Christmas, credit cards, yard cleanup, new fence in Ohio, rent, mortgage, daycare, gymnastics, car payment etc today, we are broke again. But I am thankful that we have a job and get a little extra. Its been a long time coming.

I think Dh will take us out for sushi to celebrate. Our big splurge

See ya later.

âGo confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life youâve imagined.â H. D. Thoreau
#125 of 218 Old 12-19-2008, 02:45 PM

So is it just elmh and I that want to do soap? Or doularn, do you want some? emans, I know you don't want any, but can I use your kitchen to do it? This kind is a little different than what we had before and the instructions said that you can use the microwave. . .I tried some yesterday and it works great. Less mess that way, I think.

I also don't have many EOs. Pretty much just tea trea and orange. No colors. Elmh, do you or anyone else have any to bring?

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#126 of 218 Old 12-19-2008, 11:30 PM

thanks for hosting Eman and thanks to crazy for organizing the supplies. I just took my snowmen and trees out and they came out great (well one tree is funky but that'll just be for me then ) I'm so happy to have these done! One less thing!

Tomorrow we're going sledding. I'm not really looking forward to it (I hate the snow) but dh got some snowpants for me so warmth will help the situation!

Mama of three.

#127 of 218 Old 12-20-2008, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
thanks for hosting emans

thanks for the jammies comommy - they fit chubby c great

I love failblog but this train video posted today takes the cake

http://failblog.org/tag/fail/

also check out the parenting fails

http://failblog.org/?s=parenting
#128 of 218 Old 12-20-2008, 03:52 AM

Okay I am posting from my living room on my Macbook. I feel there will be a long steep learning curve or me. Thanks Eman for hosting. L ate a humongous plate o sushi, C not so much.

#129 of 218 Old 12-20-2008, 04:52 PM

I can't believe that video is for real, ASF. I was nearly hyperventilating while watching it!

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.
#130 of 218 Old 12-20-2008, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

before i igft em or sell em does anyone want to get either of these things?
I got an extra kidizoom digital camera when amazon had the deal of $40 with free shipping instead of $60. Also an ipod shuffle for $35.
Let me know
#131 of 218 Old 12-20-2008, 06:17 PM

Thanks for hosting, emans. We had a good time and both kids promptly fell asleep as soon as we got home.

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#132 of 218 Old 12-20-2008, 07:37 PM

The kids crashed hard.

Elm E wants to know when S can come over to play lightsabers again.

#133 of 218 Old 12-20-2008, 10:30 PM

Anytime Eman, anytime. I just need to drive again. He did really well with the lightsabers but just doens't know when to quit or back off.

So since I started this medication I've had really vivid dreams. One was related to the Handmaid Tale, one my mom died (that was freaky) and one I went shopping without kids for like 5 hours and bought stuff only for me (that one was fun!) Well last night I had one in which I went in to labor and Doularn was here and we left to go to the hospital when I was 6cm. Anyway I had the baby on the freeway between Wyoming and Eubank on the side of the road with only Doularn and dh there. Doularn did a great job in my dream as dh was on the phone with 911. I named the baby Ezra (a name I LOVE but dh HATES!) and was going to give Doularn middle name rights but then woke up. It really seemed real and for a second I thought to myself "Did that really happen?" Weird dream!

Went sledding today. Thought Little S would love it and he cried the entire time and had to be in arms. S loved it and has already asked to go back. We plan to go 3 more times between now and when dh has to go back to work.

Mama of three.

#134 of 218 Old 12-20-2008, 10:40 PM

I'm so honored Wow that would have been sooooo fun !!!

oh yeah, along those lines, The graduate program that I got accepted to for CNM school when I was pg with C now takes part time students !!! Someone tell me how I can fit that in please.

ASAF- i will take the shuffle if its still available.

Mellow day at work today. Are we meeting next week Friday maybe?

#135 of 218 Old 12-20-2008, 10:41 PM

Where did you sled Elm? L REALLY wants to go sledding.

#136 of 218 Old 12-20-2008, 11:55 PM

Great dream Elm, the birth dream I kept having with M was about half right so you never know.

#137 of 218 Old 12-21-2008, 11:14 AM

Yeah but I'm not pregnant. Can I have accurate birth dreams while not pregnant?

We went sledding just up past Doc Long at around mile marker 4 on the side of the road. There was just this great space with lots of hills and not to many trees (at ones you could get around with lots of room.) Lots of fun and fast hills.

Figured out why Little S didn't like the sledding. He spiked a fever last night. I think it finally broke this morning at around 6 and now he is UP. Dh got up with him only for me not to be able to sleep at all so I might as well get up. I think I got maybe 2 hours of sleep last night. I kept expecting Little S to vomit (he was mighty burpy last night!) but it never happened. Now we're watching Wall-E.

Mama of three.

#138 of 218 Old 12-21-2008, 01:45 PM

So for half right, lets go with that I will be there but the side of the road thing will turn into something else. With your history I don't want to catch your baby and deal with a PPH on the side of the road if you don't mind

Happy Solstice! Happy First Day of Winter! Happy Hannukah!

#139 of 218 Old 12-21-2008, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

doularn - it is yours

I stayed up till 2am reading and then was accosted by dh so was up till much later *yawn* I am too old for this
The last 2 night mr baby is thankfully back to ONLY getting up every 1-2 hours to nurse and not screaming or cruising on his parents.

Elm - love your dream

i would love to meet up this week for something - even if it is just regular old playgroup - i had so much fun with my girls on friday *I* didnt want to leave :
#140 of 218 Old 12-21-2008, 04:31 PM

I second the meet up request for this week. We'll actually be able to attend since Adam took the week off.

Elm, that's nuts! I've had many vivid pregnancy/birth dreams while not pregnant and none of them have happened.

Yay winter!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#141 of 218 Old 12-21-2008, 05:55 PM

Doularn, it's funny but in the dream you kept telling the 911 operator to get here now because of my history and telling me not to bleed. Like I could control that.

Mama of three.

#142 of 218 Old 12-21-2008, 06:06 PM

AH, but yes I would say that. On the off chance your mind could help in some way. Like "stay with me- dont pass out". A funny thing I thought of. When C was born and didn't breathe, the apprentice commanded her to"breathe in the name of Jesus..." like she could do that and like she knew jesus as "jesus" at birth".

Hows Tuesday for "regular ole playgroup"? I'm off. I was gonna say the same thing but didn't for fear of being too goofy. I LOVE being with you all :

ASF- thats great Ds will love it. Let me know if the movie camera doesn't go and I will take that too.

#143 of 218 Old 12-21-2008, 07:24 PM

Where and what time? Dh said he'd take us to play while he's home. We hace speech that morning but that means we'll be dressed early and ready to head out. It's possible I might bring a nephew or 2 to come play but I'll try to convince dh to go play at grandma's with them instead.

We rearranged the house today. Why did I do this when I'm so sleep deprived?

Mama of three.

#144 of 218 Old 12-21-2008, 08:45 PM

COmommy what is with the fish jammies, R was beside herself that she couldn't wear them.

Elm don't worry, DoulaRN can smoosh a uterus like nothing you've ever felt, you'd be afraid to bleed

The kids are busy on Tuesday so M and I are having girl time

#145 of 218 Old 12-21-2008, 11:50 PM

LOL Eman. I'm so sorry Just because I love you.

#146 of 218 Old 12-22-2008, 08:27 AM

Well I've had my uterus smooshed several times on 2 occasions now, so I feel I know a good uterus smoosher.

It's 4am and my son is AWAKE. Probably because he puked but dh and I were up anyway (neither of us could sleep, nothing fun was happening unless you count the baby's head jamming in to mama's ribs fun.) I'm tired.

We'll see how Little S is doing tonight before I commit for tomorrow. He seems fine but between the fever the other night and this, me thinks he's not!

Mama of three.

#147 of 218 Old 12-22-2008, 10:42 AM

DoulaRN I wouldn't wanted it to be anyone else

Elm, you know there is something that helps D and I go back to sleep in the middle of the night Seriously though I feel your pain.

#148 of 218 Old 12-22-2008, 12:46 PM

Not possible when the baby is sick though. Every time I moved, he cried and then he puked and has been up ever since.

Mama of three.

#149 of 218 Old 12-22-2008, 03:05 PM

I'M HOME !!!!!: No babies want me around today. So far. But by the afternoon I will be beggin to go in. Good thing we got that little bonus. My paycheck is gonna be pitiful next time. But time is better than money till after the holidays anyway.

DH is whining he is sick and we almost had a real argument at 630am about whether he was sick enough to go to the Urgent Care THAT IS NOT OPEN AT 630AM.: My professional assessment is that he has a head cold and sinus headache and as usual has not idea what real sickness is. DS is now sniffly cause he slept with DH last night :

So i was thinkin about PG here but it depends on these guys and I hear the weather is gonna suck here pretty quick. But its below zero at my Ohio vacation home so I will take it.

Didi I tell you my new laptop is purple? I guess i should be nice to DH for that

Also we should be getting a bunch of packages today from back east !!!

#150 of 218 Old 12-22-2008, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

i am probably out for tomarrow as i have an apt with dr jones and then i am baking cookies with my mama :

elm - sorry he is sick

my neighbor just laughed at me I was outside taking down dipes : and he laughed and said "so i guess you are a real hippy then - you even hang things outside in the cold. I thought you might be one of theose trendy hippies" At least he was pleasently teasing me or else i might checked a dipe at him.

Well, they still get dry because there is always sun or wind here. I even had them out when it snowed because i never believe that snow is coming till i see it coming down so i had to yank em down full of snow

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page