Anybody in Uvalde, TX? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-09-2008, 02:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're going to be spending a lot of time there for the foreseeable future. Wouldn't mind catching up w/ some like-minded mamas!

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#2 of 9 Old 12-09-2008, 02:44 AM

Not in Uvalde, but my mom lives in Concan, if you haven't been there you should go. If you want to PM me your contact info I will call you next time we are in town. I do know there is at least one homebirth mom there, my mom's trainer has a sister that homebirthed in Uvalde last year.
#3 of 9 Old 12-09-2008, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Cool!

My il's live in Uvalde (dh grew up there) but mil just died so we're going to be making sure fil isn't lonely.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#4 of 9 Old 12-09-2008, 02:00 PM

How old are you? My step father grew up there and my step brothers as well. Their family well known, owns local business. I will PM you their name, maybe your Dh knows them. Uvalde is such a small town. Since your Dh grew up there, I am sure he knows all about Concan.
#5 of 9 Old 12-11-2008, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

I just found out my ds1's PE coach and one of the 4th gr teachers at his school are both from Uvalde! Small world!

#6 of 9 Old 12-11-2008, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgal View Post
How old are you? My step father grew up there and my step brothers as well. Their family well known, owns local business. I will PM you their name, maybe your Dh knows them. Uvalde is such a small town. Since your Dh grew up there, I am sure he knows all about Concan.
I'm 31, dh is 32 but was home schooled, bil is 40 and public schooled. He also worked at The Forum and Blockbuster until about 7 yrs ago when he moved to Kerrville. We have friends that own the Nueces Natural Foods and other friends that own the Satellite store there by Don Marcelino's.

#7 of 9 Old 12-11-2008, 06:09 PM

My girlfriend and her DH live in Uvalde...very AP. Just had a homebirth with her second baby. She has two young kids almost 3yrs and 6 months. If this sounds like a match for you, I'm sure I could hook you up in cyberspace.

Stephanie - Co-Leader of API San Antonio
Mommy to DD (4 years) and DS (18 months)
#8 of 9 Old 12-11-2008, 08:54 PM

My mom shops at Nueces Food regularly, her first name is Susan (you have the last name)
#9 of 9 Old 12-11-2008, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

How cool!

We're going tomorrow but only for the weekend. Sbroglie, I'll let you know if we go back over the kids winter break that way the other mama and I can get together. My kids are 8, 7, and 13 mos.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page